IITs will offer long and short internships as well as sponsored MTech programs to students who are studying in Ladakh
IITs have announced an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a undergraduate level course in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics subjects in Ladakh. With an idea to enhance opportunities for students from Ladakh, the Administration of Union Territory of Ladakh in collaboration with IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay and IIT Kanpur is offering internship and sponsored MTech opportunities. As part of the initiative, the following three options will be made available to students:
- Short-term Internships for undergraduate students of 1.5 to 2 months duration.
- Long-term Internships for undergraduate students of 6 months duration.
- Sponsored MTech programs of 2 years duration.
Who Can Apply for Internship Opportunities at IITs?
The opportunity can be availed by students pursuing the following degrees in Ladakh:
- Students who are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in STEM.
- Students who have completed their undergraduate degree or diploma in STEM in any college or polytechnic.
- Students with a permanent residence in Ladakh who are pursuing or have completed undergraduate degree or diploma in STEM in any college elsewhere.
“Preference of IIT and discipline will be taken by student. Final decision of matching student interest, merit and availability of supervisor will be taken by the selection committee, and will be final,” says the official website. Interested students will have to apply before 30 June 2022, and those selected will gain internship experience and project under a faculty in a laboratory in the respective IIT.
While those selected for short internships will be paid a consolidated amount of around Rs 15,000, those selected for long internships will be paid a consolidated amount of around Rs 50,000. Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the official website for further information.
Leave a Reply