IIT Ropar, in the framework of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM ICPS) has launched an eight week online internship carnival based on the theme ‘Technovations in the domain of Agriculture and Water’. There are a total of 100 internships available, for which selected interns will be paid Rs 10,000 for the entire duration of the internship.
A team of 5 students will be formed from the shortlisted students who will be required to work together on the designated project. There will be 10 winning teams, and one team will be selected from the two teams working on the same project on the basis of the comprehensive solution offered by the team, says IIT Roorkee. Industry partners of this initiative are Dassault Systèmes, Ansys, COMSOL, Inc., Matlab Inc., MathWorks, NVIDIA, and others.
Who Can Apply for IIT Ropar Online Internship?
The internship opportunity is available to students from second, third, and fourth year undergraduate engineering or equivalent degree from any engineering institute, university, or college with specialization in the following streams:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
List of Projects Available Under IIT Ropar Online Internship
- Electrical vehicles and Cobotics for Agriculture: Design of swarm robots for agriculture applications.
- Fisheries: Design of an Aerator (features: solar-powered, inbuilt ammonia and temperature sensors, IoT-based control).
- Post Harvest Management: Design of an automatic harvester for tree and plant-based crops
- Urban farming: Design of an IoT-based hydroponic growing system with aerator, temperature and water level.
- Cold chain management in rural settings: Design of a refrigeration system for small farmers.
- Food processing: Design of a high efficacy fish deboning machine and design of an Indian gooseberry deseeding machine.
- Precision agriculture: Design of hopping drones or crop hoppers (Hydrogen and EV based).
- Green Hydrogen for self-reliance rural India: Design of a model village consisting of Hydrogen-powered agricultural machinery, homes, and hydrogen generation through biowaste.
- Food and public distribution: Development of a farm-to-fork supply chain network or application.
- Fertilizers: Design of a biowaste organic fertilizer granulator.
How to Apply for IIT Ropar Online Internship?
Interested participants will have to submit applications before 16 May 2021. A document providing a summary of projects executed by the applicant as a team leader or member highlighting their passion towards technology and innovation, a 3-minute video story about their vision to execute the project and the relevant experience as well as a recommendation letter will have to be submitted. 50 interns will get a chance to work at IIT Ropar for 6 months, and the 5 winning teams will get up to Rs 10,00,000 as a seed grant to start a startup. Those who wish to know more can visit the official website for further information.