IIT Roorkee has invited applications from interested candidates for an 8-week free online course called on services marketing
IIT Roorkee is currently offering an 8-week online course called “Services Marketing : Integrating People, Technology, Strategy” on the NPTEL platform. The course would be most suited for students pursuing their MBA, MIB, or MCom with marketing specialization. Participants will also be able to obtain a certificate for the course provided they pay Rs 1000 and clear an exam that will be conducted on 29 October 2022. Certificates will be given to candidates based on their final score, which includes average assignment score and exam score.
The course will be conducted by Dr. Zillur Rahman who is a professor at the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. He received his BSc (Honours) Mathematics, MBA and PhD from Aligarh Muslim University, India. Dr. Rahman has more than 20 years of experience in academia. He has also published research papers in reputed international papers including the Journal of Service Marketing, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Journal of Cleaner Production, and Telematics and Informatics, among others.
What the IIT Roorkee Free Online Course on Marketing Will Cover?
The course basically provides a comprehensive review and analysis of service marketing issues, practices, and strategies, according to the NPTEL website. Some of the topics that will be covered as part of the course are as follows:
- New perspectives on marketing in the service economy, consumer behavior in the service context.
- Consumer behavior in the service context, positioning services in competitive markets, and developing service products.
- Developing service products, global marketing of services, distributing services through physical and electronic channels, setting prices and implementing revenue management.
- Setting prices and implementing revenue management, promoting services and educating customers.
- Managing people for service advantage, managing relationships and building loyalty.
- Managing relationships and building loyalty, complaint handling and service recovery, improving service quality and productivity.
- Improving service quality and productivity, striving for service leadership, and creating the seamless service firms.
Interested and eligible will have to apply before 22 August on the NPTEL. Those who wish to apply are advised to visit the official website for more information.