IIT recruitment 2019 is being conducted for engineers at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) for a sponsored project from the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO), Ministry of Defence. The vacancies available are that of Research Associate, Senior Research Fellow, and Principal Scientist. Selected candidates will be eligible for a stipend of Rs 35,000 to up to Rs 79,000 per month, respectively, based on their qualifications and experience.
Who can Apply for IIT Recruitment 2019?
The official IIT Delhi website hosts the notification regarding the IIT Recruitment 2019 and according to it, the vacancy is available in the Department of Applied Mechanics. The DRDO funded project is titled “Wearable soft robotics for Upper Limb Muscle Power Augmentation with BMI interface – A proof of concept study”. There are a total of 7 vacancies available and the qualification required to apply for the same is as follows:
- Research Associate: PhD/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree in Mechanical, Biomedical Engineering, Civil, Aerospace, or Applied Mechanics OR MVSc/M.Pharm/ME/MTech in Mechanical, Biomedical, Civil, Aerospace, or Applied Mechanics having 3 years of relevant experience.
- Research Associate (Control): Ph.D.in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering with specialization in Systems and Control/Robotics OR MTech 1st class in the aforementioned disciplines (with specialization in Systems and Control/Robotics) with minimum of 3 years of research experience.
- Research Associate: PhD in Mechanical/Applied Mechanics/Civil/Biomedical Engineering with specialization in Smart Materials/Artificial Muscle Design/Actuator or Sensor Design and Modeling OR MTech 1st class in the aforementioned disciplines (with specialization in Smart Materials or Transducer Design) with minimum of 3 years of research experience after MTech.
- Senior Research Fellow: MTech first class in Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace, or Applied Mechanics.
- Senior Research Fellow: MTech first class in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering.
- Senior Research Fellow: M.Tech. 1st class in Mechanical, Applied Mechanics, Civil, or Biomedical Engineering.
- Principal Project Scientist: ) PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Quantitative Neuroscience, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields or MTech/ME/MSc (engineering) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Biomedical or related field with relevant experience.
How to Apply for IIT Recruitment 2019?
Interested and eligible candidates will need to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) their application packet with a Subject line “Application for RA or SRF position in Biomechanics Or Control Or Brain Machine Interface Or Smart Materials or Actuator” before 17 December 2019 by 5 pm IST. Shortlisted candidates will then be called for an interview. Candidates are advised to go through the IIT recruitment 2019 notification in detail before applying for the job.