The IIT PhD online application deadline from selected Indian Institutes of Technology has been extended for students belonging to Jammu and Kashmir region, said a statement from the Ministry Of Human Resource Development (MHRD). This decision was taken after several requests were received from students of Jammu and Kashmir.
“A number of requests have been received from students from the Jammu and Kashmir intending to apply for the PhD Programmes in various IITs, to extend the application time in view of the unavailability of internet connectivity in the past. All the IITs were requested to kindly consider the requests,” says a statement from MHRD.
Some of the IITs considered the request, and have extended their respective deadlines. The six IITs wherein students from Jammu and Kashmir can apply as of today are as follows:
- IIT Bombay: As advised by MHRD, the students from Jammu and Kashmir, who could not apply for the PhD programme for the spring semester 2019-20, may directly appear for the written test/Interview as per the schedule, provided they show their proof of residency in Jammu and Kashmir, and fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- IIT Dharwad: A special round of PhD admission for the Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh students is being conducted for the semester commencing in January 2020, and the online application process will end on 12 December 2019.
- IIT Palakkad: Jammu and Kashmir students can submit applications from 2 December 2019 to 17 December 2019.
- IIT Tirupati: the Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh students can apply from 1 December 2019 to 10 December 2019.
- IIT Delhi: The PhD application portal has been opened for students from Jammu and Kashmir.
- IIT Bhilai: Students from Jammu and Kashmir can apply until 9 December 2019.