IIT Patna is offering a free online course on cloud computing on the NPTEL platform, which aims at equipping learners with intimate knowledge about the internals of cloud computing and how the distributed systems concepts work inside clouds. The course, like all other online courses being offered on NPTEL, can be taken by anybody who is interested to learn the subject. However, to obtain certificates with IIT Patna and NPTEL logos, participants will have to pay Rs 1000 and clear an examination.
The course will be conducted by Dr. Rajiv Misra who is a professor at the department of computer science and engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Patna. He has been rewarded PhD degree by IIT Kharagpur, an MTech degree in computer science and engineering by IIT Bombay, and Bachelor’s of engineering degree in computer science by MNIT Allahabad. He has mentored various online courses on cloud computing, advanced graph theory and distributed systems on NPTEL.
What the Free Online Course on Cloud Computing by IIT Patna will Cover?
The course aims at providing participants with an in-depth understanding of distributed computing concepts, distributed algorithms, and the techniques, that underlie today’s cloud computing technologies. Some of the topics that will be covered over a period of 8 weeks starting 18 January 2021 are as follows:
- Introduction to Clouds, Virtualization and Virtual Machine
- Network Virtualization and Geo-distributed Clouds
- Leader Election in Cloud, Distributed Systems and Industry Systems
- Classical Distributed Algorithms and the Industry Systems
- Consensus, Paxos and Recovery in Clouds
- Cloud Storage: Key-value stores/NoSQL
- P2P Systems and their use in Industry Systems
- Cloud Applications: MapReduce, Spark and Apache Kafka
Those who wish to know more about the course, and then enroll for the same are advised to go through the official website for more information.