IIT Palakkad, in association with Nvidia and National Super Computing Mission, is offering a free online course on artificial intelligence on the SWAYAM NPTEL platform. In this course, participants will delve into the core principles of compute capabilities and system software needed to implement artificial intelligence (AI) solutions utilizing accelerated computing. The course will focus on real-world applications in the domain of Smart City, providing students with practical insights and knowledge.
By the end of the course, participants will have a strong foundation in leveraging accelerated computing for AI-based solutions, specifically tailored for industrial use cases like those found in Smart City environments. The course will be conducted by Satyajit Das, assistant professor in the department of computer science and engineering, IIT Palakkad, Satyadhyan Chickerur, professor at KLE Technological University, professor Bharatkumar Sharma, Nvidia, and Tosin Adesuyi, professor at the department of computer and software engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology.
Who Can Take Part in the IIT Palakkad Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence?
The course is open to the following participants:
- PhD scholars any stream of science or engineering.
- Postgraduate students from any stream of science or engineering.
- Third and fourth year undergraduate students of any stream of engineering.
- Non-students and working professionals may also participate.
However, participants need to have knowledge in the following domains:
- Computer organization.
- Machine learning.
- Deep learning.
Topics to Be Covered in IIT Palakkad Online Course on Artificial Intelligence
This course offers a comprehensive exploration of end-to-end deployments for industrial use cases. Through practical demonstrations, participants will learn how to effectively utilize state-of-the-art AI SDKs to solve complex problems. The course specifically focuses on the application of large language models, providing valuable insights and enabling participants to gain proficiency in leveraging these advanced tools. Some of the topics that will be covered are as follows:
- Introduction to artificial intelligence systems.
- Introduction to containers and IDE dockers.
- DeepOps: Deep dive into Kubernetes with deployment of various AI based services session.
- Accelerating neural network inference in PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Applied AI: Smart City.
- Introduction to natural language processing.
Interested participants are advised to go through the official notification for more information.