IIT Mandi to introduce a full-time MBA program in data science and artificial intelligence to build future-ready management leaders
IIT Mandi is starting an MBA program in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. The two-year, full-time master’s program begins in the Fall Semester of 2022 and will integrate contemporary management concepts, soft skills for developing individuals, and a wide range of data science tools, with a strong emphasis on problem-solving and managerial decision-making.
This program differs from other technology-oriented programs like BTech, MTech or MS by focusing on the integration of data science and artificial intelligence into various business and management domains, as well as a strong emphasis on managerial decision-making.
Speaking about the program, Professor Laxmidhar Behera, director, IIT Mandi, said: “It gives me immense pride to introduce the newly started MBA in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence program. This MBA program aligns with IIT Mandi’s motto and strives to produce future-ready management leaders to tackle industry and academic challenges. The program will position students to transform data into better business decisions and help them identify areas of business where Data Science, Artificial intelligence, and Machine Learning can add value and provide inputs to algorithm developers and data analysts.”
The MBA in data science and artificial intelligence is open to undergraduate students of all backgrounds who have studied mathematics at the +2 level. Further details about eligibility can be found at the admission link on the official website. The application process will start on 29th June 2022 and will conclude by 17 July 2022.
The main highlights of IIT Mandi program
- Impart hands-on knowledge on the use of technology in managerial decision-making.
- Blend managerial know-how with technology-based tools.
- Teach students how data sciences can be applied to specific industry sectors.
- Industrial internships enrich classroom learnings through exposure to practical experience and application to real-world problems.
- A year-long project offering students in-depth, real-world exposure to challenging business decision-making problems as well as adaptation to the rapidly evolving business environment.