IIT Mandi has invited applications for an online workshop called “Design and Manufacturing of Composites for Engineering Applications” to be conducted in February 2021. The four-day workshop will be conducted from 1 to 5 February 2020 and is open to faculty members, students from engineering institutes, colleges, polytechnics and practicing engineers from industries and R&D institutions.
The seats available are limited, and candidates will be admitted on a first come first serve basis. Registered participants will also receive certificates, which will be sent through email post the event. The workshop will be conducted online through the Webex platform, and the link will be shared with registered participants.
Topics that the IIT Mandi Online Workshop Will Cover
IIT Mandi says that since composites have large scale commercial applications in marine applications, aerospace, automotive, marine, sporting goods, and infrastructure among others, the detailed design analysis of composites through the following topics will be given to attendees:
- Fundamentals of composites
- Engineering applications of composite materials
- Primary manufacturing processes for composites
- Secondary manufacturing processes for composites
- Mechanics of composite materials
- Introduction to finite element method and mesh-free technique for the design analysis of composite materials
- ANSYS Parametric Design Language (APDL) programming for composite structures
- Meanfield Homogenisation for Composite Materials (RVE Analysis for calculation of effective composite properties)
- Structure health monitoring of composites
The workshop will be addressed by professors from IIT Mandi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur as well as by experts from international institutes.
How to Register for the IIT Mandi Online Workshop?
Interested participants would be required to pay a fee of Rs 354, and then fill up the online application form provided in the brochure. Those who wish to know more about the workshop and register for the online event are advised to go through the official website for more information.