IIT Madras has once again invited applications for internships in artificial intelligence and data science available at its Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI). The Indian Institute of Technology Madras invites applications for this internship, called Post Baccalaureate Fellowship, throughout the year based on the availability of positions. Those selected for the internships in artificial intelligence and data science will be paid a monthly stipend starting from Rs 40,000 up to Rs 60,000.
Apart from the stipend and access to one of the best CPU or GPU high-performance computing infrastructure in the country, Post Baccalaureate Fellows will also get to attend a fully-funded trip to a national conference every year. The interns will also get to work with leading faculty in artificial intelligence and data science, says IIT Madras.
Who Can Apply for IIT Madras Internships in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science?
Candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria may apply for the Post Baccalaureate Fellowship in artificial intelligence and data science:
- Those who have completed their Bachelor’s degree within the last two years, and have exhibited excellent academic performance throughout the undergraduate program.
- Applicants must have Proficiency in programming and high-level languages such as Python, R, or MATLAB.
- The applicants who have contributed to to open-source projects during their undergraduate studies will be given preference.
Some Topics of Research Available for IIT Madras Internships in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Students can choose from the following areas of research as part of their internship:
- Deep learning.
- Network analytics.
- Natural language processing.
- Theoretical machine learning.
- Reinforcement learning and multi-arm bandits.
- System architecture for data science and artificial intelligence.
- Ethics, fairness and explainability in artificial intelligence.
- Systems biology and healthcare.
- Smart cities and transportation.
- Financial analytics.
Interested students will have to submit applications before 20 April 2021, and interviews will be conducted before 7 May 2021. Those who wish to apply for the IIT Madras internship may fill up the form provided by the institute.