IIT Madras is currently seeking applications from meritorious and exceptional graduate and post-graduate students under the age of 27 years for a two-year research fellowship in artificial intelligence and data science. The opportunity, called the Post Baccalaureate Fellowship, will be offered through the Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI) of the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. Those selected will be paid a monthly stipend of up to Rs 60,000.
RBCDSAI at IIT Madras is one of the leading interdisciplinarity data science and artificial intelligence center in India and one of the few centers in the world focusing on applications in various engineering disciplines. The institute has one of the largest groups in the country looking at networked data across different disciplines and the top deep reinforcement Learning group. Students who get selected for the fellowship get to work on several modern projects.
“I am involved in COVID-19 Disease Spread Analysis s where we partnered with ‘Facebook Data for Good’ initiative and analyse their mobility data to study the trends in population movement. We aim to communicate the findings to policymakers and help them make decisions in a data-driven approach. Unlike other institutions, we get to work with industries directly which opens an even wider range of opportunities in the future,” said Senthamizhan V, Post Baccalaureate Fellow, RBCDSAI (from September 2019) and Alumnus of Anna University.
Benefits of Doing the IIT Madras Two-year Research Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence
Students who get selected for the IIT Madras two-year research fellowship in artificial intelligence can expect the following benefits:
- Get to work with the pre-eminent interdisciplinary Research Centre for Data Science and artificial intelligence in India
- The Centre has the largest network analytics, deep reinforcement learning, and the most active natural language processing and deep learning groups.
- The fellows at the Centre publish in top journals and conferences.
- Participants will get an opportunity to attend talks and interact with top scientists from around the world.
- Many fellows join leading companies in data science and artificial intelligence or pursue future research in top universities.
How to Apply for IIT Madras Two-year Research Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence
Interested candidates need to submit their applications on the dedicated page before 30 June 2021. Furthermore, applicants will also have to prepare a brief statement of purpose describing their intent and interest to work at RBCDSAI, IIT Madras. Applicants will also have to mention the names of three RBCDSAI faculty they would like to work with. Furthermore, other details like educational qualifications and the latest resume of applicants will have to be uploaded.