IIT Madras has reopened applications for its popular artificial intelligence fellowship, which is offered by its the Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and AI (RBCDSAI). The two year fellowship is aimed at graduates and postgraduates with an exceptional academic record who are interested in working on the emerging domains of artificial intelligence and data science. Those selected will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 40,000 throughout the duration of the fellowship.
The IIT Madras artificial intelligence fellowship basically aims at providing a platform for refining research skills, offering the selected candidates ample time to deeply engage with literature, collaborate with peers, and formulate inventive solutions. The main motive of the program is instilling responsible artificial intelligence practices, ensuring candidates are primed for success beyond the fellowship by cultivating ethical expertise.
Who Can Apply for the IIT Madras Artificial Intelligence Fellowship?
The opportunity is open to candidates with a 4 year bachelors or a masters degree in areas relevant to RBCDSAI. The candidate should be under 27 years of age as on 31 March 2023. Applicants should also have an interest in areas related to data science and artificial intelligence, and should also have an exceptional academic record. The candidate should be available full time and accept the offer immediately, as well as provide a joining date within 6 weeks from the date of receiving the offer letter.
Benefits of Doing the IIT Madras Artificial Intelligence Fellowship
Apart from gain insights into artificial intelligence and data science, and getting to interact with top scientists from around the world, participants will also get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Opportunity to work on collaborative projects with world-renowned companies and institutions like, Google, NASA, CMU, MIT, Walmart, JHU, The Ohio State University, Harvard, KMC and 108 Emergency Response Services.
- Access to state-of-the-art CPU and GPU high-performance computing infrastructure.
- Opportunity to receive guidance from IIT Madras faculty, as well as earn course credits.
- Post the fellowship, several fellows are working in premier institutes such as Georgia Institute of Technology, Imperial College London, University of Wisconsin–Madison, UIUC, Carnegie Mellon University, ETH Zürich. Zurich, Switzerland, University of Michigan, University of Denmark (DTU), UC San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering, and Delft University of Technology.
- Opportunities to publish in top journals and attend the best conferences.
How to Apply for IIT Madras Artificial Intelligence Fellowship
Interested and eligible candidates will have to submit their applications on the dedicated Google Form, and details such as the choice of three faculty members from RBCDSAI with whom they wish to work with. Selected fellows may also apply for a PhD program during the course of the fellowship. However, in case they decide to quit, one month of prior notice will have to be submitted.