IIT Madras is currently accepting applications from eligible candidates for a one to two year research internship in artificial intelligence and data science
IIT Madras, through its Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI), is once again accepting applications for the Post Baccalaureate Fellowship, which is a research internship in artificial intelligence and data science. The RBCDSAI Post Baccalaureate Fellowships are open to exceptional recent graduates, who are desirous of pursuing a 1 to 2 year research internship in the areas of data science and artificial intelligence at RBCDSAI, IIT Madras. Those selected will be paid a monthly stipend of up to Rs 60,000.
The applicants should not be over 27 years old, should have an exceptional academic record. Proficiency in programming and high-level languages such as Python, R, and MATLAB as well as contribution to open-source projects will be a plus. Students who get selected for the fellowship get to work on several modern projects at RBCDSAI at IIT Madras, which is one of the leading interdisciplinarity data science and artificial intelligence center in India and one of the few centers in the world focusing on applications in various engineering disciplines.
Benefits Offered by IIT Madras Research Internship in Artificial Intelligence
Students who get selected for the internship will get to work with the pre-eminent interdisciplinary Research Centre for Data Science and artificial intelligence in India RBCDSAI. Apart from that, some other benefits offered are as follows:
- The institute has one of the largest groups in the country looking at networked data across different disciplines and the top deep reinforcement Learning group.
- Participants will get access to state-of-the-art high-performance CPU or GPU computing infrastructure.
- Many fellows join leading companies in data science and artificial intelligence or pursue future research in top universities.
- Work in a highly interdisciplinary environment, with eminent faculty in artificial intelligence and data science.
- Interns will get to attend regular colloquia by international experts and workshops.
- The fellows at the Centre publish in top journals and conferences.
How to Apply for IIT Madras Research Internship in Artificial Intelligence?
Interested and eligible candidates may submit their applications through the dedicated Google Form by using their Gmail accounts. Some of the details that will be asked are as follows:
- Personal details such as name, email, date of birth, gender, residential address, and phone number.
- Educational qualifications such as degree, year of graduation, university, department, rank in department and number of students, and CGPA.
- A brief statement of purpose describing the applicant’s intent and interest to work at RBCDSAI needs to be entered.
- Three names of faculty from RBCDSAI with who students would like to work should be entered.
- List research areas as keywords separated by commas such as biological networks, graph convolutional neural networks, reinforcement learning, game theory, or high-performance computing needs to be entered.
- A link to the applicant’s CV uploaded on Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or Overleaf among others needs to be entered.
- A brief outline of some contributions such as GitHub, StackExchange or Quora with links to the applicant’s profile needs to be mentioned.