IIT Madras has invited applications from interested engineers for the TII-IIT Madras MS program in collaboration with Texas Instruments. The program is fully-funded by Texas instruments and follows the blended learning model wherein students will receive one-year of classroom learning along with a two-year internship opportunity with Texas Instruments. Interested students can apply for the course called Analog, Mixed-Signal (AMS) and RF VLSI Design before 30 April 2021.
Students applying for this program will also have to apply for an MS at IIT Madras by choosing the Department of Electrical Engineering, and EE6 as their specialization. Students will also be required to pay the required fees. The test and Interview dates will most likely be announced around the last week of May 2021. Selected students will also be paid a stipend during their internship. Under the mentorship of senior technical leaders at TI, students go through an end-to-end integrated circuit (IC) development cycle, says IIT Madras.
Who Can Apply for IIT Madras and Texas Instrument’s MS Program
Candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria can apply for the program, and all other applications will be rejected says the website:
- Bachelor's degree in electronics, telecommunications, instrumentation or allied disciplines in engineering with an aggregate of 65%.
- Applicants must have a valid GATE score of 650 or more in EC, EE, or IN. Currently, GATE scores are valid for 3 years.
- GATE requirement is waived for IIT BTech students with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 8 or higher.
Some Important Aspects of the IIT Madras and Texas Instrument’s MS Program
- A three-year, full-time program, with one year of classroom learning, followed by an internship at the TI India campus.
- A full scholarship will be given to students who will be sponsored by TI India.
- Chance to gather industry exposure during a two-year paid internship with TI India.
- Students can develop cutting-edge technology and present it at an international forum.
- Students may also be hired at TI India after completion of the program.
Those who wish to apply for the program, can visit the official website for more information.