IIT Madras has invited applications from eligible candidates for a two year research fellowship in artificial intelligence and data science
IIT Madras is yet again accepting applications for it’s two year research fellowship in artificial intelligence and data science. The fellowship is being offered by the Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI), a unit of IIT Madras. RBCDSAI was established to bring a cohort of researchers together to tackle diverse challenges in big data using machine learning and artificial intelligence. The fellowship, called Post Baccalaureate Fellowship, is open to both graduates and postgraduates.
RBCDSAI also works on modelling the spread of Covid-19 to developing novel algorithms in deep neural networks. “I am involved in the Covid 19 disease spread analysis every partner in Facebook Data for Good Initiative. We get to work with industries directly which opens an even wider range of opportunities in the future. With the experience I have gained as a post-bacc here, I have managed to get a chance to collaborate with Google Inc,” says Senthamizhan V. Those selected will receive a monthly stipend of Rs 40,000.
Important Details of the IIT Madras Fellowship
Some of the important details of the IIT Madras Fellowship are as follows:
- The initial stipend amount starts at Rs 40,000 per month and depends on the experience and qualification of the candidate. Renewal of the fellowship depends on the performance of the candidate, which will be reviewed by a committee.
- The candidate should have a 4 year bachelors’ or a masters’ degree in areas relevant to RBCDSAI.
- The candidate should be under 27 years of age as on 31 March 2022.
- While applying, the candidates are required to provide a choice of 3 faculty members from RBCDSAI with whom they wish to work.
- The fellows are free to apply, and are even encouraged to apply, to a PhD program, but if the fellow decides to quit before the completion of the tenure, 1 month prior notice needs to be submitted.
How to Apply for IIT Madras Fellowship?
Interested and eligible candidates may submit their applications through the dedicated Google Form by using their Gmail accounts before 30 April 2022. Some of the details that will be asked are as follows:
- Personal details such as name, email, date of birth, gender, residential address, and phone number.
- Educational qualifications such as degree, year of graduation, university, department, rank in department and number of students, and CGPA.
- A brief statement of purpose describing the applicant’s intent and interest to work at RBCDSAI needs to be entered.
- Three names of faculty from RBCDSAI with who students would like to work should be entered.
- List research areas as keywords separated by commas such as biological networks, graph convolutional neural networks, reinforcement learning, game theory, or high-performance computing needs to be entered.
- A link to the applicant’s CV uploaded on Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or Overleaf among others needs to be entered.