IIT Madras has started the online registration for its online BSc Degree in Programming and Data Science, which was introduced by the institute last month. Online applications for the regular entry and foundational level of the programme, which has multiple exits, will be received until 15 September 2020 at 10 am IST. IIT Madras says that the online offering will address the need of the data science sector, which is predicted to create 11.5 million jobs by 2026.
Eligibility to Apply for the Regular Entry of IIT Madras Online BSc Degree in Data Science
To apply through the regular entry mode of the Online BSc Degree in Data Science, candidates would be required to have the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have studied Mathematics and English in class 10, and should have cleared class 12.
- Working professionals or candidates currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Program or should have graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, BCom, etc.) or they may have dropped out from a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates will have to apply for the foundational level, which has three exit options and will teach students Math, Statistics, Computational Thinking, Python programming and English.
- Access to a good internet connection as well as a laptop or desktop device would be mandatory.
- Learners should be able to travel to assigned exam centres for quizzes and exams if required.
Fees and Other Important Details
The foundational level would cost interested learners Rs 32,000 for General and OBC candidates; however, it would cost lesser for other candidates from PwD, SC, and ST, as well as those with lesser family income. The learner may exit with a foundational certificate from Centre for Continuing Education, IIT Madras, or go for the diploma course. Those who wish to know more about the course are advised to go through the official website in detail.