IIT Madras has invited applications from women for its two-year research fellowship in artificial intelligence and data science
IIT Madras, through its Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI), is offering a fellowship in artificial intelligence and data science. While the fellowship, called Post Baccalaureate Fellowship was available to all exceptional graduates earlier, this time applications are being sought only from women. Those selected will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 40,000.
The women who wish to apply for this fellowship should be under the age of 28 years, and should have a 4 year bachelors or a masters degree in areas relevant to RBCDSAI in order to be eligible for the fellowship. Candidates who have done the fellowship with IIT Madras have posted positive reviews as well about their tenure with RBCDSAI.
“What stood out for me is the intellectual freedom I got to experience right from the beginning where I chose my own project, and the Professor to work with. Gave me just the kind of exposure I wanted to have at the beginning of my career. It has been a very positive experience having learnt a lot technically and otherwise,” says Sivapriya Vellaichamy from Georgia Tech.
Benefits of Doing the IIT Madras Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence
Women who get selected for the IIT Madras two-year research fellowship in artificial intelligence can expect the following benefits:
- Participants will get to work at the pre-eminent interdisciplinary Research Centre for data science and artificial intelligence in India.
- The centre claims to have the largest network analytics, deep reinforcement learning, and the most active natural language processing and deep learning groups.
- The fellowship is with a gift from Google Research.
- The fellows at the Centre publish in top journals and conferences.
- Participants will get an opportunity to attend talks and interact with top scientists from around the world.
- The fellows will additionally get support to attend Women in Tech events like ACM-W, and Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
- Selected fellows will receive an opportunity to be paired with a woman mentor from academia or industry as desired by the fellow.
- Those selected will be entitled to a maternity leave as well.
How to Apply for IIT Madras Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence
Interested candidates need to submit their applications on the official website before 28 February 2022. Furthermore, other details like educational qualifications and the latest resume of applicants will have to be uploaded. Applicants will also have to enter their preference of faculty and interested areas of research.