IIT Kharagpur has invited applications for a free online course on applied linear algebra in artificial intelligence and machine learning
IIT Kharagpur has announced a free online course called applied linear algebra in artificial intelligence and machine learning that can be completed in 12 weeks. The course is being offered on the SWAYAM NPTEL platform, and would be most suited for students with knowledge about engineering mathematics with some exposure to linear algebra. Participants will also receive a certificate provided they complete the course and take an examination by paying Rs 1000.
The course will be conducted by professor Swanand Khare who has obtained MSc and PhD degrees from IIT Bombay in 2005 and 2011, respectively. He is currently working as an associate professor in the department of mathematics and jointly in the centre of excellence in artificial intelligence at IIT Kharagpur. The course will be conducted from 23 January 2023 up to 14 April 2023, and the last date to enrol for the course is 23 January 2023.
Who Can Take the IIT Kharagpur Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning?
The course would be most suitable for senior undergraduate and postgraduate students from the following streams:
- Computer science engineering.
- Electrical engineering.
- Electronics and communication engineering.
- Artificial intelligence.
What the IIT Kharagpur Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Will Cover?
A list of topics that will be covered a part of the course are as follows:
- Vectors, operations on vectors, vector spaces and subspaces,inner product and vector norm, linear dependence and independence, Matrices, linear transformations, and orthogonal matrices.
- System of linear equations, existence and uniqueness, left and right inverses, and pseudo inverse, triangular systems.
- Condition number of a square matrix, geometric interpretation, norm of matrix, sensitivity analysis results for the system of linear equations, and many more such concepts.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the official website for more information.