IIT Kanpur is accepting applications for a free online course called Design of fixed wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, which can be completed in 8 weeks. The course is most suited for undergraduate and postgraduate students who have a basic knowledge of aerodynamics. The course is free to enroll and learn from. However, those who wish to obtain certificates will have to pay Rs 1000 and take an examination on 24 October 2021.
The course will be conducted by Dr. Subrahmanyam Saderla who has a BTech in aeronautical engineering from JNTU, Hyderabad in 2008, MTech and PhD in aerospace engineering from IIT Kanpur during 2010 and 2015, respectively. He also joined as a postdoctoral fellow in the department of aerospace and software engineering at Gyeongsang National University (GNU), South Korea. He is currently working as an assistant professor in the department of aerospace engineering at IIT Kanpur.
What IIT Kanpur Free Online Course on Design of fixed wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Will Cover
The following aspects of unmanned aerial vehicles will be covered over a period of 8 weeks:
- Introduction to fixed-wing UAVs, design, and basic design parameters.
- Design Algorithm: Case study, and design algorithm: mission requirements.
- Feasible design parameters, and configuration layout: Airfoil selection, configuration layout: Planform geometry selection.
- Weight and CG estimation, analytical parameter estimation, and analytical parameter estimation.
- Performance and stability analysis, simulation and detailed sizing.
- Estimation of inertial properties using 3D modelling, and prototype fabrication.
- Wind tunnel testing, and aerodynamic characterization through wind tunnel testing.
The course will be conducted from 23 August to 15 October 2021, and the last date to enroll for the course is 23 August 2021. Interested students are advised to go through the official page for more information.