IIT Kanpur has invited applications from interested students and professionals for an online course on Introduction to Artificial Intelligence that can be completed in 6 weeks. The course provides participants with an understanding of the basic techniques for building intelligent computer systems and an idea of how artificial intelligence is applied to problems. The course covers the introduction to formal logic, types of logic, the properties of logic systems, proposition logic, syntax, semantics, and entailments and models.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be subjected to an a final assessment along with assignments given to them for better learning throughout the duration of online learning. Only students who successfully complete all the assignments and pass the assessment will be given certificates of completion from the E&ICT Academy at IIT Kanpur, which is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the institute. Students who do not complete the course or leave it midway will not be awarded any certificate, says the institute.
Who Can Take the IIT Kanpur Online Course on Artificial Intelligence?
The course could be beneficial for the following participants:
- Students who are pursuing professional graduate or post-graduate courses related to computer science or information technology.
- Computer science and engineering teachers or faculties.
- IT professionals, who wish to acquire new skills or improve their existing skills by learning artificial intelligence concepts.
What the IIT Kanpur Online Course on Artificial Intelligence Will Cover?
Some of the concepts that will be covered under the course are as follows:
- What is artificial intelligence: Some definitions?
- Can machines think?
- What is arithmetic (as related to artificial intelligence)?
- What are some basic ideas in representation and reasoning?
- Introduction to knowledge representation and reasoning
- What are some more ideas in knowledge representation and reasoning?
- What is the history of artificial intelligence (in brief)?
- What is the physical symbol system hypothesis?
- What are some important features of intelligent agents?
- An introduction to formal logic
- Propositional logic: language, semantics and reasoning, and so on.
How to Apply for IIT Kanpur Online Course on Artificial Intelligence?
Interested and eligible candidates will have to apply on the E&ICT Academy website of IIT Kanpur. The course costs Rs 4237 plus GST and will be delivered completely online. Those who wish to enroll in the course are advised to go through the official website for more information.