IIT internship 2020 is currently being conducted at the the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) for the summer internship program. IIT Roorkee has invited online applications for the institute-funded SPARK fellowships for summer internships with a weekly stipend of Rs 2500. Selected undergraduate students would get research exposure, and may also opt to apply for postgraduate or doctoral studies at IIT Roorkee.
Who can Apply for IIT Internship 2020 at IITR?
BArch, BE, Btech, and MSc students who are are currently enrolled and have completed at least two semesters of the undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline from any institute in India can apply for the IIT internship 2020 at IITR. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- CGPA > 7.5 for IITs/IISc.
- CGPA > 8.0 for NITs/ IISERs/ NISER/IIEST/UM-DAECBS.
- CGPA > 8.5 for students of other institutes.
Projects Available for IIT Internship 2020 at IITR
There are various projects available across several departments such as Applied Science and Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Earthquake Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and so on.
How to Apply for IIT Internship 2020 at IITR?
Interested and eligible candidates need to first register with the dedicated portal for the IIT internship 2020 at IITR. The following steps need to then be taken:
- Login to submit online application and view status of application.
- Candidates need to upload the last semester marksheet of current degree, their photograph, a 500-word research statement, and a brief 1 to 2 page resume. For students of other institutes, No Objection Certificate (NOC) will also be required while joining.
- Applicants will also be required to mention names of five faculty members of their choice from the list of faculty members available on the dedicated portal whom they wish to work under as an intern.
- All applications need to be submitted prior to 28 February 2020, and the list of selected students will be announced on 15 March 2020.
- Summer training will be held during the scheduled summer vacation at IITR, which is from 12 May to 10 July 2020. The term of the summer training should not be less than 6 weeks. Students of IITR will be allowed to begin their summer internship immediately after the completion of the term-end examination.
Interested and eligible candidates are advised to go through the dedicated IIT internship 2020 portal in detail before applying for the summer internship program.