IIT Hyderabad aims at training 500 engineers each year through the course on Future Wireless Communication being offered in hybrid mode
IIT Hyderabad is offering a one year program on Future Wireless Communication to engineers. The institute says that the course is being offered to counter the shortage of trained manpower in hardware and wireless technologies. The course is 12 months long and will be offered in hybrid mode to participants. The course can be taken up by final year students who wish to acquire employability. Furthermore, a scholarship will be offered to around 200 students who will receive a monthly stipend of Rs 25,000.
What the IIT Hyderabad Certificate Course on Future Wireless Communication Will Cover
The course will cover the following aspects over four different modules, and participants have been given the option to quit after each module:
- Data handling and hardware programming: This will be completely hands on and should be sufficient for participants seeking entry level jobs in software or hardware.
- Signal processing and related hardware: This will be in hybrid mode and should be sufficient for entry level jobs in signal processing.
- Communication engineering and standards: This will be completely online should be sufficient for entry level jobs in the communication industry.
- Hands on training on 5G or 6G Projects: This will be done at the 5G or 6G testbed at IIT Hyderabad.
Evaluation Process for IIT Hyderabad Certificate Course on Future Wireless Communication
Students will have to note the following important points on the evaluation criteria for the course:
- Those who fail in the test will not receive any certificate and will not be eligible to continue the course.
- Those who secure pass marks in the test, without distinction, will receive a certificate for that module, and will not be eligible for the next module .
- Those who pass the test with distinction will receive a certificate for that module and will be eligible for the next module.
How to Apply for IIT Hyderabad Certificate Course on Future Wireless Communication?
Applicants who have completed Science or engineering degree or diploma in engineering, or at least have taken their final examinations can apply on the official website, and they would be selected for the course based on their performance in a written test on aptitude and mathematics,
at IIT Hyderabad campus.