IIT Hyderabad has invited applications from interested participants for a free online course on Deep Learning for Computer Vision. The online course is 12 weeks long and will begin from 26 July 2021 up to 15 October 2021. While taking the course is free, to obtain certificates from IIT Hyderabad and NPTEL participants will have to pay Rs 1000 and take an examination on 24 October 2021.
The course will be conducted by Vineeth N Balasubramanian who is an Associate Professor in the department of computer science and engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, as well as serves as the head of the department of artificial intelligence. The last date to enroll for the course is 2 August 2021.
What the IIT Hyderabad Free Online Course on Deep Learning Will Cover?
The course will provide participants with an understanding of basics as well as recent advancements in areas related to traditional computer vision topics as well as deep learning methods for computer vision to help students learn the basics as well as become proficient in applying these methods to real-world applications. Some of the topics that will be covered are as follows:
- Course overview and motivation: introduction to image formation, capture and representation; linear filtering, correlation, and convolution.
- Visual features and representations: Edge, blobs, corner detection; scale space and scale selection, SIFT, SURF, HoG, LBP, and so on.
- Visual Matching: Bag-of-words, VLAD; RANSAC, hough transform, and pyramid matching; optical flow.
- Deep learning review: Review of deep learning, multi-layer perceptrons, and backpropagation.
- Deep generative models: Review of (popular) deep generative models: GANs, VAEs; Other Generative Models: PixelRNNs, NADE, Normalizing, Flows and much more.
Who Can Take the IIT Hyderabad Free Online Course on Deep Learning?
The course can be taken up by senior undergraduate students and post-graduate students as long as they satisfy the following pre-requisites:
- Completion of a basic course in machine learning.
- Completion of a course in deep learning or exposure to topics in neural networks has been recommended but is not mandatory.
- Knowledge of basics in probability, linear algebra, and calculus is needed.\
- Experience of programming, and preferably in Python is a virtue.
Those who wish to enroll and know more about the IIT Hyderabad free online course are advised to visit the official website for further information: https://onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in/noc21_cs93/preview