IIT Goa is currently accepting applications for a free online course called MPI in Action – Parallelization of unsteady heat conduction solvers. The two-day free online course is being offered by the National Supercomputing Mission Nodal Centre at IIT Goa. The course will be held from 2 to 3 October 2021 and is open to everyone. The course will be held online, and the session link will be shared with registered participants.
In order to take the course, participants need to have a basic understanding of finite difference or finite volume methods, and fundamental MPI concepts. Students should have a computer with Linux and MPI installed. Coordinators of the course will provide detailed instructions to selected participants prior to commencing the course. Certificate of participation from IIT Goa will be given to participants who attend all the sessions.
What the IIT Goa Free Online Course on MPI in Action Will Cover?
The objective of the course is to introduce the application of MPI to parallelise simple CFD solvers. At the end of the course, with the help of hands-on sessions, the participants will be able to write a parallel solver to deal with 2D unsteady heat conduction problems in Cartesian grids, says the official website. Some of the topics that will be covered as part of the course are as follows:
- Review of finite difference methods and MPI concepts.
- Parallelization of 1D unsteady heat conduction equation (hands-on).
- Discretization of 2D heat conduction equation using finite difference or volume methods.
- Parallelization of 2D unsteady heat conduction equation (hands-on).
Who can Take the IIT Goa Free Online Course on MPI in Action?
The course is open to the following participants:
- PhD in any stream of science or engineering.
- Masters in any stream of science or engineering.
- Third and fourth-year undergraduate students in any stream of science or engineering.
How to Apply for IIT Goa Free Online Course on MPI in Action?
Interested participants will need to submit applications on the official website before 26 September 2021. Students will need to have a scanned copy of their ID card, and a valid email ID to register for the course. Students will receive a confirmation upon submission of the registration form.