IIT Delhi, through its newly formed Optics and Photonics Center (OPC) named “Optics Learning Centre”, has launched an outreach initiative as part of which school, under graduation and post-graduation students, may take free online lecture videos related to optics and photonics. A collection of online lecture videos from IITPAL, NPTEL and other relevant sites are being offered to students who wish to learn the basics of optics right from basics to the advanced level.
The website also mentions that other initiatives such as to showcasing the most recent publications and developments in optics from IIT Delhi and other research groups, a platform for all interested participants to interact with experts from optics and photonics field, and a place for startups and innovators to showcase their optics and photonics products and devices will also be launched soon.
IIT Delhi Free Online Lecture Videos for School Students
Some of the topics being offered to school students as part of the initiative are as follows:
- Introduction to waves.
- Ray optics.
- Wave optics.
IIT Delhi Free Online Lecture Videos for Undergraduate Students
Some of the topics being offered to undergraduate students as part of the initiative are as follows:
- Optics and laser.
- Non-linear and fiber optics.
- Optical sensors.
- Integrated photonics and ultrafast lasers.
- Biophotonics and biomedical imaging.
- Experimental physics: Basic optics lab.
- Modern optics: Maxwell equation and EM wave propagation.
- Optical engineering: Optical design and simulations.
- Introduction to photonics.
- Introduction to laser.
- Fundamentals of optical and scanning electron microscopy.
- Optical spectroscopy and microscopy.
- Introduction to non-linear optics and its applications.
- Fiber optics.
- Physics of linear and nonlinear optical waveguides.
- Fiber optic communication technology.
Those who wish to know more about the initiative can visit the official website for further information.