IIT Delhi is currently accepting applications from graduates and professionals for a six-month certificate online course on data science and machine learning being offered through its Continuing Education Programme (CEP). This programme is most suited for early-career professional or mid-level managers looking to explore cutting-edge data science and machine learning tools and techniques, says IIT Delhi. Participants will receive a completion certificate from IIT Delhi on scoring at least 50% points in each of the evaluation components and maintaining a minimum attendance of 70%.
The live sessions of the online course will be conducted on every Sunday for three hours, starting from 27 March 2021. Subject matter experts from IIT Delhi will take the online classes, and the faculties who will give lectures are Dr Hariprasad Kodamana, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering; Dr Agam Gupta, Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies; and Dr Manojkumar Ramteke, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
What the IIT Delhi Online Course on Data Science and Machine Learning Will Cover?
The course aims at equipping learners with knowledge on building predictive models using neural networks and time series data forecasting models, and gaining hands-on experience in machine learning algorithms, and so on. Some of the topics that will be covered are as follows:
- Data science essentials,
- Statistics for data science,
- Optimisation for machine learning,
- Machine learning and deep learning,
- Communicating data and analysis.
Who can Apply for IIT Delhi Online Course on Data Science and Machine Learning?
The course will be most suitable for the following candidates:
- Early professionals looking to build a career in data science or machine learning.
- Current and aspiring data, software, and IT professionals.
- Senior managers and business heads who oversee software development and machine learning projects with a keen interest in developing a data-driven decision-making approach.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners who wish to apply data science and machine learning to enhance their business growth.
- Graduates (10+2+3) or diploma holders (10+2+3) from a recognised university in any discipline.
Applicants are required to have a background of 10+2 mathematics or course completion in statistics at the undergraduate level.
Submission of Application and Other Important Details
Those who wish to apply for the course would have to submit the application before 19 February 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 23 February, and a course fee needs to be submitted in the IIT Delhi CEP account before 1 March 2021. The total cost of the course will be Rs 1,25,000. Those who wish to know more about the IIT Delhi online course in data science and machine learning are advised to go through the course brochure in detail.