IIT Delhi has invited applications from working professionals, faculty, and graduates for an online course on Machine Learning for Cobotics
IIT Delhi has announced an online course called Machine Learning for Cobotics, which will be conducted from 16 October to 15 November 2021. The course covers the elementary concepts of machine learning with illustrative case studies in the area of cobotics, and consists of 9 lecture modules and a team-based online project. The course will be conducted through the Teams app on every Wednesday and Saturday, and experts from IIT Delhi, TCS, UC Berkeley Extension, and TechMagic KK will take the sessions.
The course is being organised by the I-Hub Foundation for Cobotics (IHFC, which was incorporated as a non-profit company at IIT Delhi in June 2020. The curriculum has been designed for working professionals, faculty, engineering and science graduates who are working in the area of cobotics or robotics with requirements of developing data-centric algorithms. Interested participants will ahve to apply for the course before 10 October 2021.
What the IIT Delhi Online Course on Machine Learning Will Cover
Some of the topics related to machine learning that will be covered are as follows:
- What is machine learning and data mining?
- Concepts in machine learning and predictive analytics using simple problems.
- What is predictive analytics and machine learning?
- Various paradigms in machine learning.
- Steps in developing machine learning application.
- Application of machine learning.
- Introduction to Python and various packages.
- Performance evaluation of algorithms and practical issues.
- Evaluating and improving model performance.
- Classifier performance evaluation.
- Accuracy, sensitivity, specificity, and positive predictive value.
- Receiver operating characteristic.
- Cross validation training, testing and validation.
- Applying machine learning guidance and practical issues, and so on.
How to Apply for IIT Delhi Online Course on Machine Learning?
Interested applicants will have to submit online applications on the official website before 10 October 2021. The course costs up to Rs 25,000 for students and up to Rs 50,000 for industry participants. Those who wish to know more and apply are advised to go through the official website for further information.