IIT Delhi, through its Continuing Education Programme (CEP), is offering a certificate online course in digital marketing for which interested students and professionals can apply. IIT Delhi says that by the end of the programme, participants will be able to fast-track their careers and become proficient digital marketers with an understanding of management processes in general, and marketing in particular.
The course will be conducted by Dr Harish Chaudhry, associate professor, department of management studies, IIT Delhi. The professor has a BTech from IIT Kanpur, PGDM from IIM, Bengaluru and PhD from IIT Delhi. Upon successfully completing the course, participants will receive a completion certificate from the institute on scoring at least 50% marks in each of the evaluation components and maintaining a minimum attendance of 60% in both lectures and tutorials.
Who can Participate in the IIT Delhi Certificate Online Course in Digital Marketing?
The course is most suited for the following candidates as per the brochure available on the institute’s website:
- Final year students or fresh graduates who have completed their tenth plus twelfth and three years of a degree from a recognised institute.
- Early professionals looking to enhance their careers in digital marketing roles.
- Marketing, sales, product, or brand managers interested in transitioning to digital marketing roles.
- Professionals, consultants business owners and so on who wish to upskill or expand their business through the application of digital marketing best practices.
What the IIT Delhi Certificate Online Course in Digital Marketing Will Cover
The course, which will be conducted for three hours each on Saturday and Sunday, will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to management,
- Consumer behaviour,
- Segmentation, targeting, and positioning,
- Potential, demand, forecast – tools and techniques,
- Product, place and pricing decisions,
- Integrated marketing communications,
- Product life cycle,
- Brand value, architecture, identity and equity,
- Using social media,
- Digital identities and branding,
- SEO introduction, best practices, and implementation,
- Google analytics, evaluating traffic, cost/ lead, and conversion statistics, and so on.
The last date to apply for the course is 10 March 2021, and selected candidates will be informed by 15 March 2021. The course costs Rs 50,000, which can be paid in two installments, and classes will begin on 28 March 2021. Those who wish to know more about the course are advised to go through the course brochure in detail.