According to a recent report, 90% of data available today has been created in the last 2 years. Social web and smartphones have revolutionized the way the internet is being used. With more than 4 billion people around the world using the internet and generating tons of user data; governments, corporate, brands, etc are getting bamboozled on how to utilize the data for more efficient functional and financial decision making. The increasing use of new innovative technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, virtual reality, etc. are making life easier and information more accessible to the people. With more than 70% of Indian companies deploying AI enabled solutions by the end of 2019 there will be a huge increase in demand for artificial intelligence and data science experts. Thus, data sciences and artificial intelligence will soon be the next big technology expertise in demand by companies across sectors. There are some IIITs who have floated degree programs either in Data Science or AI. But there is one such institution is IIIT – Naya Raipur, which is India’s first institute to offer a combination of both specializations: Data Science and AI at UG and PG level i.e. BTech and MTech.
While there are plenty of jobs in data science and artificial intelligence in India and abroad, there is an acute shortage of top tech talent from reputable Institutions with the necessary skills. IIIT Naya Raipur promises to fill this void with its project-oriented and industry designed curricula. It is important to note here that the highest paid jobs in the industry are for the roles as Data Engineer, Decision-Maker, Analyst, Statistician, Applied Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, and Social Scientist. Ishan Gupta, MD, Udacity India says: “There has been a rising adoption of data science and artificial intelligence technologies across multiple industries such as healthcare, finance, education, retail, media, advertising, and education. The demand for these sectors has been rising because both domestic and international companies are relying upon India for the right talent.”
Students often ponder as to which Institutions in India can provide such contemporary courses designed to cater to the Industry needs. Unfortunately, there are handful of Institutes in India offering BTech or MTech. degree programs in these specializations though realization has dawned of late. It is important to note that capsule courses on data science and artificial intelligence offered by training institutes often do not suffice the industry requirement.
This is precisely the right time to plan a career in data science and AI at the right Institute. Top reasons for choosing a career and Institution are:
- Growing adoption of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics: New technologies are now making it easier to perform increasingly sophisticated data analytics on a very large and diverse datasets. This is evident as the report from The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI) shows, many companies are using some form of advanced analytics on Big Data, for Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, and Data Mining tasks.
- Huge Job Opportunities & Meeting the Skill Gap: Prospective job seekers have numerous opportunities. It is the fastest growing job on LinkedIn and is predicted to create 11.5 million jobs by 2026. This makes AI &Data Science a highly employable job sector. A McKinsey study states that the US will face a shortage of about 190,000 data scientists and 1.5 million managers and analysts who can understand and make decisions using Big Data by 2018.
- Abundance of Positions: The demand for skilled Data Scientists and AI professionals is constantly increasing across industries like banking, healthcare, Finance, Insurance, media & entertainment, telecom, e-commerce among others. The demand for professional outweighs the supply currently.
- Highly Paid Career: According to Glassdoor, Data Scientists make an average of $116,100 per year. The demand for individuals with AI skills like deep learning and machine learning is sought after in almost every industrial sector. This makes artificial intelligence and data sciences a highly lucrative career option.
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence can Save Lives: Healthcare sector has been greatly improved because of artificial intelligence and data sciences. With the advent of machine learning, it has been made easier to detect early-stage tumors. Also, many other health-care industries are using Data Science to help their clients. Students interested in a career that is satisfying, challenging and at the same time help achieve something for the community this is a great option.