IIIT Hyderabad, through its iHub-Data, has announced a new foundation program in machine learning for aspiring engineering students across India. The institute says that the 50-week long intensive online course on Foundations in Modern Machine Learning is beneficial for pre-final and final year undergraduate engineering students who are looking to build their knowledge in machine learning, image processing, computer vision, robotics, natural language processing, pattern recognition and speech processing.
The course will be conducted by IIIT Hyderabad professors CV Jawahar, Anoop M Namboodiri, and Ravi Kiran Sarvadevabhatla. Recorded and live sessions will be provided by the IIIT Hyderabad faculty in conjunction with teaching assistants with considerable artificial intelligence and machine learning expertise. Furthermore, industry experts will also contribute to the learning outcome through monthly sessions. A certificate of achievement from IIIT Hyderabad will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Who Can Take Part in the IIIT Hyderabad Online Course on Machine Learning
While the course is open to all engineering students across India, it could be most beneficial for pre-final and final year undergraduate engineering students from the following streams:
- Computer science, information technology and other allied branches.
- Electronics engineering and other allied branches.
- Electrical engineering or other allied branches.
Students will have to be nominated for the course by their respective colleges through their heads of departments. Selected students will undergo a preparatory module, and the final selection of students is based on student performance during the preparatory module.
Benefits of Doing the IIIT Hyderabad Online Course on Machine Learning
The institute says that the following are the benefits of doing the course:
- A certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the program.
- Online modules with a personalised learning experience will be offered.
- Equal focus on foundation and practices will be paid.
- Cash awards will be distributed on successful completion.
- Discussions with eminent researchers from academics and industry will be held.
The course will cost students Rs 10,000 plus taxes, and those who wish to enroll for it will have to do so before 30 June 2021. Prior to submitting applications, students are advised to visit the official website for more information.