The India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA), the premier industry body for the Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) domain in the country announced its flagship event – Vision Summit 2020. Slated for August 19th – 21st, the event will be conducted on a Global Virtual Platform.
The 15th edition, focused on the intelligent electronics and semiconductor sectors, will feature a powerful line-up of visionaries, industry experts, government bureaucrats, strategists, policy-makers, innovators, entrepreneurs and business leaders like Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog; C N Ashwath Narayan, Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka; Tejasvi Surya, MP; Vinayak Godse, Vice President at Data Security Council of India; Dr. Omkar Rai, Director General at STPI; Dr E V Ramana Reddy, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Dept of Electronics, IT, BT and S&T, Govt of Karnataka; David Patterson, Prof Emeritus, UC Berkley; Gary Smith, CEO, Ciena Networks who will share their views and vision on the future of electronics and semiconductor cutting across verticals.
This vision summit will drive ecosystem synergies to transform 1.3bn lives with a focus on enabling a self-reliant digital economy for India.
The theme of Vision Summit 2020 #VisionSummit2020 is ‘Intelligent Electronics: Driving self-reliant digital economy: Transforming 1.3 Billion lives’. This three day summit’s vision is to foster & accelerate Electronics & Semiconductor manufacturing, 1K start-ups, 10K IPs and 1000K jobs stepping into the new decade besides the focus on importance of Electronics & Semiconductors in the strategic areas which have an national economic impact with citizen empowerment.
Dr. Satya Gupta, Chairman, IESA and CEO, Seedeyas Innovation, said: “With the wide sweep of changes in the Global geo-political situation, time is prudent to lead the charge as a nation, and invite the like-minded domestic and global patrons of India to join the journey of developing the electronics and semiconductor Ecosystem.
“Through this Vision Summit, coupled with the industry and the Government’s thrust, we would like to re-inforce that India is extremely serious and the top leadership is ready to take all the imperatives to develop “Intelligent Electronics & Semiconductor technology & products to drive Self-Reliant (Atmanirbhar) Digital Economy and Transform 1.3 Billion Lives.”
He added: “Our goal is to synergize and augment all efforts globally by being part of the integral transformation process. IESA Vision Summit will help in reshaping the Industry, develop critical products, generate jobs, invigorate the economy and set the stage for furthering innovation in emerging areas like ATMAS – Agri-Tech, Transformative Education, MedTech, Automotive & Strategic Security among many others.”
The speaker line-up for this edition of the Vision Summit will share their perspectives on how to make fundamental changes to improve the Indian ESDM ecosystem. Vision Summit has always seen a homogenous mix of industry, policymakers, corporates & start-ups. This Vision Summit will also witness the eminent speakers like:
* Ajai Chowdhry, Founder, HCL
* Lars Reger, EVP and CTO, NXP Semiconductors
* Dr. B.V.R. Mohan Reddy, Executive Chairman, Cyient Group
* Ajay Prakash Sawhney, Secretary, MeitY
* Mohandas Pai, Chairman, Aarin Capital and Manipal Global Education
* Dr. V.K. Saraswat, Member Niti Ayog
* Aruna Sundararajan, Former Secretary MeitY and DoT, Independent Director, LTI – An L&T Group Company
* Deepak Bagla, Managing Director & CEO, Invest India
* Dr. Manish Gupta, Director Google Research
* Prof. K Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser to GoI
* Dr. Rob Atkins, ARM Fellow
* Anil Agrawal IAS, Joint Secretary, DPIIT, Head Start-up India
* Sateesh Andra, Managing Director, Endiya Partners
* Ruchir Dixit, Country Manager, Mentor – A Siemens Business
* Tarun Verma, CEO, Silicon Catalyst, US
* Dr. Pradip Dutta, Group V.P. & MD South Asia, Synopsys
* Jayesh Ranjan, IAS, Principal Secretary, Industry, Commerce & IT, Govt of Telangana
* Manoj Mishra, IAS, Secretary of Electronics & IT, Odisha
* Manu Gulati, Founder & SVP, Nuvia
* Dr. Vamsi Bopanna, SVP, Xilinx
* Dinesh Ramanathan, CEO & Co-Founder, Next Gen Power (GaN Fab)
* Santhosh Kumar, Managing Director, Texas Instruments.