Trust Indian banks to lead the charge for technology innovation in India. Targeting next generation users, ICICI Bank has launched iWear, ICICI Bank’s banking app for smart watches. iWear is available for Android watch users and can be downloaded from the Google Playstore. Smart watch users will be able to use iWear application only after completion of OTP based registration process to be carried out on mobile. Once the Apple iWatch has been officially launched, iWear will be available for Apple Smartwatches too.
Said Rajiv Sabharwal, Executive Director at ICICI Bank, “Wearables will play an important role in simplifying the way customers do transactions. We believe simpler transactions such as checking account balance will move to wearables.”
While no pilot has been done, the bank’s strategy is to evangelize, create and expand the market by leading the market through technology driven initiatives.
“Convenience is the overriding factor,” said Sabharwal, explaining the bank’s strategy to create products for the consumer.
With iWear, users will be able to check account balance, view last 3 transactions, check credit card balance and recharge your prepaid mobile. iWear is a companion app that works only when the user has downloaded Android Wear to their mobile devices. Also, users will be required to register from the mobile to use the prepaid mobile recharge service on smart phone.
How to install and register:
- Search for iWear on Google Playstore and download the app on your mobile.
- Once you open the app on your mobile, please enter your mobile number on the registration screen and select the mode of protection as PIN. You will receive a 6-digit activation code on your mobile.
- Enter this 6-digit activation code to complete your mobile number verification.
- Create your 4-digit PIN for completing the registration process.
- With this 4-digit PIN, login to iWear from your smart watch and carry out transactions using iWear.
Download iWear here