HP unveiled HP Haven OnDemand, an important milestone in its Big Data strategy that gives organizations of all sizes cloud-based access to key components of HP’s world class analytics platform.
HP Haven OnDemand, which runs on the HP Helion cloud, enables customers to analyze all forms of data, including business data, machine data, and unstructured, human information. Developers can also leverage this innovative web service, as well as engage with a robust and growing community to create next-generation applications and services.
“Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals; we deliver critical information via a combination of innovative technology and industry expertise,” said Chris Blatchford, Director, Business Operations – Platform Group Thomson Reuters (@thomsonreuters). “For a recent hackathon event, we utilized HP’s Haven OnDemand platform to produce several innovative new applications over an incredibly short amount of time. In particular HP IDOL OnDemand’s intuitive interface and wide array of API’s allowed our developers to ‘think big’ and realize their vision.”
HP also announced that it will embed its unique Haven assets deeper into the HP Software application portfolio with new offerings that leverage Big Data analytics to help businesses transform their IT operations, power information governance and compliance, and achieve greater levels of information security.
Empowering the Enterprise with Data Discovery and Next-Gen Applications
HP Haven is a powerful platform that allows organizations to put data and insights at the core of their business, transforming every aspect of an enterprise, from the data center to mobile, customer-facing applications at the edge. With HP Haven OnDemand, customers, partners, and developers can tap into key components of the HP Haven Enterprise platform to gain blazing fast insights, rapid time to value and analytic functionality on all types of data, within minutes:
· HP Vertica OnDemand – delivers enterprise-class Big Data analytics via the cloud. HP Vertica OnDemand offers an extensive set of built-in analytic capabilities with no compromises on performance and flexibility. The service places a premium on simplicity and ease of use, and customers can be up and running analytics using HP Vertica OnDemand within minutes. This comprehensive service is available in a wide range of flexible consumption models, including a managed virtual private cloud offering developed in partnership with HP Enterprise Services, to meet the availability and compliance needs of today’s most demanding enterprises.
· HP IDOL OnDemand – provides the industry’s most comprehensive set of Big Data web services that developers, partners, and customers can use to build next generation applications that can analyze a broad spectrum of data types, including images, social media, text, video and more. HP IDOL OnDemand leverages the advanced data processing engine of HP IDOL to enable a broad range of unique functions, including contextual search, sentiment analysis and face detection. To date, over 5,000 developers have signed up as registered users of the service.
HP Software also unveiled some innovations across its portfolio that leverage HP Haven Big Data analytics:
· IT Operations Management – HP unveiled a comprehensive set of new IT Operations Management solutions that leverages Haven analytics to help organizations automate and optimize IT application and system management, resulting in faster time to market, greater cost efficiencies, and exceptional customer experiences.
· Security – HP introduced a new version of HP ArcSight ESM , a market-leading security information and event management (SIEM) solution. The solution detects and protects against security threats through real-time correlation and analysis of billions of events per day. The new release includes several innovations to improve the speed and performance of the solution. Additionally, HP Application Defender, the industry’s first cloud-managed application self-protection service, leverages HP Haven analytics to provide immediate visibility and actively defend production applications against attacks. HP Application Defender is generally available now, and customers can visit www.hp-application-defender.com to sign up for an immediate trial.
· Intelligent Retention and Content Management – HP announced a new solution that combines HP hardware and software technologies to allow organizations to intelligently manage data throughout its lifecycle. The solution brings together HP StoreAll, HP ControlPoint, HP Records Manager and HP Haven analytics to reinvent end-to-end information lifecycle management.
· Analytics on Hadoop – HP announced the general availability of HP Vertica for SQL on Hadoop, an analytics platform that enables customers to access and explore data residing in Hortonworks, MapR, Cloudera, Apache based data lakes, or any combination of these leading Hadoop distributions.
“To succeed in today’s marketplace, businesses must be able to leverage all forms of data, at high speed and in context, in order to capitalize on emerging opportunities and manage risk and costs,” said Kamal Dutta, VP, IT Management, HP Software, APJ. “With today’s announcement, we are making our unique Big Data platform more accessible and adaptable than ever before, giving customers, partners, and developers an unmatched set of assets that can help them create winning, data-driven businesses.”