- ISRO Invites Applications from Students for Two-month Offline Course on Remote Sensing and Image Analysis
- DRDO Recruitment 2021: Applications Invited for 90 New Apprentice Vacancies, Stipend up to Rs 9000
- AAI Recruitment 2021: Applications Invited for 66 Apprentice Vacancies, Stipend up to Rs 15,000
- Blockchain in action: Benefits and drawbacks
- IIT Hyderabad Invites Applications for Technology Transfer Officer Vacancy, Salary up to Rs 1,00,000
- Railway Recruitment 2021: Engineers Can Apply Online for 63 New Vacancies, Salary up to Rs 44,900
- Wipro delivers revenue growth for quarter at 8.1% QoQ and 28.8% YoY
- NIT Warangal Invites Applications for Online Course on Python Programming
- Bahwan CyberTek Announces Career Relaunch Program to Provide Women on Career Breaks with Full-time Job Opportunities
- Talk, walk and commit: The significance of contracts in supplier diversity
A profound question that always gets asked within artificial intelligence’s vicinity: When do we trust the tech with decision making? And addressing that very question as the cornerstone of his research is Vasant Dhar. A multi hyphenate, Dhar is an AI researcher, data scientist and professor at the Stern School of Business and the center for data science at New York University. An alumnus of IIT Delhi, Dhar also founded SCT Capital, one of the first machine learning-based hedge funds in New York City in the 90s.
In conversation with DQ DeepTech on sidelines of PI-WOT 2021, a global virtual technology summit, organized by PanIIT, Dhar speaks about
1. The big source that turbocharged AI research and development and factors that democratized innovation with AI.
2. Making universities the hotbed for DeepTech innovation and what Indian universities can derive out of the success books of their US counterparts.
3. Developing ecosystem for DeepTech research and road to commercialization of innovation.
4. Role of academia in fostering a DeepTech ecosystem in Asia.