- Drones can help revolutionize different sectors
- Hyperscalers’ carbon emissions to drive cloud purchase decisions by 2025: Gartner
- Data Privacy Day: Industry Leaders Highlight the Importance of Data
- The Sandbox, Brinc announce $50M open metaverse accelerator program funding for 100 startups
- Why India needs to redefine its healthcare priorities and relook at budgetary allocations
- Edustoke bridging parents’ need for information and expert advice on education choices
- Understanding the evolved home security system
- 3 DeepTech trends leading to Nutraceutical industry growth
- IIT Madras, LTI joint research for 5G setup in rural India
- IIT Guwahati researchers develop 3D printing technology
A profound question that always gets asked within artificial intelligence’s vicinity: When do we trust the tech with decision making? And addressing that very question as the cornerstone of his research is Vasant Dhar. A multi hyphenate, Dhar is an AI researcher, data scientist and professor at the Stern School of Business and the center for data science at New York University. An alumnus of IIT Delhi, Dhar also founded SCT Capital, one of the first machine learning-based hedge funds in New York City in the 90s.
In conversation with DQ DeepTech on sidelines of PI-WOT 2021, a global virtual technology summit, organized by PanIIT, Dhar speaks about
1. The big source that turbocharged AI research and development and factors that democratized innovation with AI.
2. Making universities the hotbed for DeepTech innovation and what Indian universities can derive out of the success books of their US counterparts.
3. Developing ecosystem for DeepTech research and road to commercialization of innovation.
4. Role of academia in fostering a DeepTech ecosystem in Asia.