- Climate tech startup, Uravu Labs, raises Seed capital for their unique 100% renewable water technology
- From Pacemakers to Infusion Pumps: Medical Implants require new cybersecurity solutions
- IIT Kanpur, BHEL to collaborate for Defence and Aerospace research
- IIT Madras Announces Free Course on Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Students, Top 15 Students to Get Rs 10,000 Stipend
- 5 Ways How 5G Will Help Embrace a Sustainable Future
- Why businesses should urgently revamp legacy applications, with the advent of 5G
- ‘Move-To-Earn’ app Fitmint rolls out multiple NFT-sneaker feature for users
- IIM Lucknow Invites Applications for Course in Data Science
- How can Indian SMBs resist the slump
- Major e-commerce data breaches: What we can learn from them
A profound question that always gets asked within artificial intelligence’s vicinity: When do we trust the tech with decision making? And addressing that very question as the cornerstone of his research is Vasant Dhar. A multi hyphenate, Dhar is an AI researcher, data scientist and professor at the Stern School of Business and the center for data science at New York University. An alumnus of IIT Delhi, Dhar also founded SCT Capital, one of the first machine learning-based hedge funds in New York City in the 90s.
In conversation with DQ DeepTech on sidelines of PI-WOT 2021, a global virtual technology summit, organized by PanIIT, Dhar speaks about
1. The big source that turbocharged AI research and development and factors that democratized innovation with AI.
2. Making universities the hotbed for DeepTech innovation and what Indian universities can derive out of the success books of their US counterparts.
3. Developing ecosystem for DeepTech research and road to commercialization of innovation.
4. Role of academia in fostering a DeepTech ecosystem in Asia.