GATE 2022 official website has been made available to students by its organising institute the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. IIT Kharagpur launched the official website today, and students may now access the posters and detailed GATE 2022 information brochure from the website. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the master’s program and recruitment by some public sector companies.
This time, two new papers namely Geomatics Engineering (GE) and Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM) have also been introduced. The paper on Geomatics Engineering consists of the General Aptitude (GA) section of 15 Marks as applicable for all papers of GATE 2022, and Part B contains two optional sections: Section I and Section II. Candidates have to choose any one of these during the examination.
Likewise, the paper on Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering consists of the General Aptitude (GA) section of 15 Marks as well, and the rest of the paper will have 85 marks covering the syllabus. The two new papers aim at providing direct benefits to graduates in these two areas, especially when the country needs human resources with advanced capabilities in shipbuilding industries and geo-informatics, says the GATE 2022 website.
Important Details with Regard to GATE 2022
A candidate appearing in one or two papers should fill only one application form. In the case of multiple applications, only one will be accepted and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund for the paid fee. Students need to note the following important dates with regard to the examination:
- The online application portal will be opened on 30 August 2021.
- The online application portal will be closed for regular submissions on 24 September 2021.
- The online application portal will be closed for submissions with a late fee on 1 October 2021.
- Defective applications for rectification will be displayed on 26 October 2021.
- Defective applications for rectification will be closed on 1 November 2021.
- The last Date for change of category, paper, and examination city along with an additional fee is 12 November 2021.
- Admit Card will be available for download on 3 January 2022.
- GATE 2022 examination will be conducted from 5 to 13 February 2021.
- The announcement of the results in the online application portal will be made on 17 March 2021.
Students who wish to know more, and download the information brochure are advised to visit the official website for further information.