ESET has launched version10 of its premium line of security solutions for home users. ESET Smart Security Premium is built upon the award-winning NOD32 technology that offers the optimal mix of detection, speed and usability. In addition, the new product provides features including ESET Password Manager for easier and safer authentication, as well as ESET Secure Data for convenient and strong encryption.
Besides ESET Smart Security Premium, users will also be able to enjoy the brand new ESET Internet Security. For gamers, the exceptionally well-received ESET NOD32 Antivirus 10 remains the ideal suite with enhanced protection against script-based attacks.
“With the increasing trend of digitalization in India from online banking to gaming and entertainment, more than ever users need different layers of protection to safeguard themselves in the cyber world. Our new consumer product portfolio not only provides top notch protection against malware threats, ESET customers can now protect their files, passwords, webcams and even their entire home network,” explains Parvinder Walia, Director of Sales and Marketing for Asia Pacific and Japan at ESET.
With the new line of products, ESET highlights the need for privacy when operating PCs and laptops. For example, ESET Webcam Protection – available with both ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Internet Security – regulates access to the camera so the end user is fully protected. Consumers will be able to monitor, block or allow processes and applications attempting to access the webcam, and switch off the computer’s camera as needed.
“Cyberattacks in India are increasing in size, scope and sophistication. A comprehensive approach to security is becoming essential for customers. We had significant success with ESET Smart Security in the Indian Market. We are excited to launch the ESET Version 10 security solution as we expect the products to benefit the end customer and Channel partners in India” said Mr. Ravi Lakshman K, CEO, Sakri IT Solutions Private Limited, National Distributor for ESET Products in India.
The ESET Smart Security Premium and Internet Security product portfolio for home users also includes many established features such as Banking & Payment Protection, Anti-spyware, Anti-Phishing, Exploit Blocker, advanced Personal Firewall, and the ESET LiveGrid Reputation System.
What’s new in version 10?
- Script-Based Attack Protection detects attacks by malicious scripts that try to exploit Windows Power Shell. It also detects malicious Java Script that can attack via the browser; all major browsers are supported.
- Home Network Protection enables users to test home routers vulnerabilities, such as weak passwords or out-of-date firmware, and offers them options for remediation. It also provides an easy-to-access list of connected devices, with devices categorized by type and shows who’s connected. This helps users see how safe their home networks are.
- Webcam Protection is a feature that controls processes and applications that access computer connected web cameras and displays notifications when unwanted applications try to access the camera.
- ESET Password Manager employs AES‑256 encryption – the world’s leading standard – to store and pre-fill all users’ passwords. It also generates and stores extra-strong new passwords each time the user needs one.
- ESET Secure Data protects against data theft in the event of USB-key or laptop loss, and allows for secure collaboration and data sharing.
- Ransomware protection monitors the behavior of applications and processes that try to modify your personal data. If an application’s behavior is considered malicious or reputation-based scanning shows an application to be suspicious, the application is blocked or you will be asked to allow or deny it.