DRDO scholarship 2019 for girls will begin from 25 July 2019 for engineering streams. There are a total of 30 scholarships and the “DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls” has been launched through Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR&DB). Eligible students can get a scholarship of up to Rs 1,86,000. However, there are certain guidelines on the eligibility of the candidates who can apply for the scholarships.
Who Can Apply for the DRDO Scholarship 2019 for Girls?
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls is for those in aerospace engineering, aeronautical engineering, space engineering, rocketry, avionics, or aircraft engineering. To apply for the DRDO scholarship 2019 for girls, the following guidelines have been framed:
- The DRDO scholarship 2019 is only available for women or girls who are Indian nationals.
- 20 scholarships are available for those in the first year BE, BTech or BSc engineering. Selected candidates would be eligible for a scholarship of Rs 1,20,000 per year or annual fees, whichever is less for a maximum period of four years. The candidate would be selected based on their JEE (Main) score.
- 10 scholarships are available for those in the first year of ME, MTech, or MSc engineering course with a minimum 60% marks in the qualifying exam and a valid GATE score is also required. Selected candidates would be eligible for a scholarship of Rs 15,500 per month subject to Rs 1,86,000 per year for a maximum period of two years.
- The selected the scholars of the scheme will have to do their major final year project work preferably at DRDO, government laboratories or in AR&DB funded projects in any institutions during their course work.
- Selected post graduate and under graduate scholars are required to pass all the tests and examinations.
- The online application link will be made available from 25 July 2019 onwards, and candidates are advised to go through the official RAC website for the latest details.
- Scanned copy of all requisite certificates, recent passport size colour photograph, Aadhaar card, proof of admission, fee details, and certificate from institute need to be kept ready for online application.
- Closing date of online application would be 10 September 2019.
- The list of candidates selected for scholarship will be made available at AR&DB website.
Interested candidates are advised to go through the notification available on the official RAC website in detail for all the information pertaining to the DRDO scholarship 2019 for girls.