DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation), an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, is looking to hire engineers and post graduates in science for 5 positions of JRF at the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE), Chandigarh. The DRDO recruitment would take place through a walk-in-interview that is being conducted on the 30 April 2019 in SASE.
Who can Apply as per Current DRDO Recruitment Notification
As mentioned, there are a total of 5 vacancies that are available the eligibility and desirable qualification for each position is as follows:
- MTech with first class in both graduate and post graduate levels in the fields of Geomatics, Remote Sensing, or GIS. What is also desirable is experience in Web GIS and high resolution satellite data processing.
- First class Postgraduate Science degree with NET/ GATE in the fields of Statistics or Maths; or MTech with first class in both graduate and post graduate level in the field of CSE. Also desirable is experience in MATLAB, Java, PhP, CUDA, and so on, says the notification.
- First class Postgraduate Science degree with NET/ GATE or MTech with first class in both graduate and post graduate level in the fields of atmospheric sciences, meteorology, physics, mathematics, statistics, geology, or geophysics. Having computer knowledge would be an added advantage.
- First class BE or BTech with NET/GATE in the field of computer engineering, computer science, or mechanical engineering. Experience in Java development, VFX creation, codinq in C and C++, and Visual C would be an added advantage.
- Postgraduate in Engineering (ME or MTech) with first class in both graduate and post graduate level) in the field of Structure or Geo Technology; or First class BE/ BTech with NET/ GATE in the field of Civil engineering.
General and unreserved candidates should not be more than 28 years of age at the time of the interview; however, there is an age relaxation of 5 years for SC, ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
How to Apply for the DRDO JRF Positions
Eligible and interested candidates are required to take a typewritten application with complete bio-data and attested copies of Mark sheets, Certificates, Caste Certificate, Experience certificates, publications if any addressed to Director, Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE), Research & Development Centre (RDC), Him Parisar, Sector 37A, Chandigarh (UT). All these documents need to be brought at the time of walk-in-interview along with a recent passport size photograph, duly affixed on the right top comer of the first page of application, says the notification. The interview will be conducted at SASE RDC, Him Parisar, Plot 1, Sector-37A, Chandigarh on 30 April 2019 up to 10:00 am.
Initial screening and verification will be done between 10 and 11 am on the same day, and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed after 11 am. Selected candidates would be eligible for a salary of Rs 25,000 per month plus HRA. However, the notification clearly mentions that the position is temporary and offer a fellowship does not confer on the fellow, the right for regular absorption in DRDO.
Selected candidates will have to stay and visit regularly the snow bound, glaciated region of Himalaya for field data collection. Candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement before applying for the DRDO jobs.