DRDO recruitment 2019 for 290 Scientist B vacancies will begin from next week onwards. There are a total of 290 vacancies, including 32 backlog vacancies for SC, ST and OBC in the Defence Research and Development Organisation. Of the 290 vacancies, 270 Scientist B vacancies are in DRDO, 6 Scientist B vacancies are in DST, 10 Scientist B vacancies are in ADA, and 4 Executive Engineer vacancies are in GAETEC. Selected candidates will be eligible for a salary of around Rs 80,000 per month inclusive of house rent allowance and all other benefits.
Who can Apply for DRDO Recruitment 2019?
The DRDO recruitment 2019 notification available on the official RAC website, has mentioned all the eligibility criteria in detail, which has also been published here. Nevertheless, several viewers wrote to DataQuest requesting for further clarity on the eligibility criteria. Along the same lines, here is who can apply for the DRDO recruitment 2019 for the Scientist B vacancies:
- Only Indian nationals who are not over: 28 years of age for DRDO and GAETEC, 35 years of age for DST, and 30 years of for ADA can apply. However, there is an age relaxation for OBC, SC, ST, Ex-servicemen and so on.
- Apart from engineers, there are vacancies for postgraduate students with a Master’s degree in chemistry and physics as well.
- Most vacancies require at least first class bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology along with a valid GATE score from the years 2017 to 2019 or those without GATE should have 80% aggregate marks degree, if done from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or National Institute of Technology (NIT). However, this option is not valid for GAETEC posts.
- Those who do not have first class but do have a GATE score can only apply for DST vacancies.
- Applicants who have appeared in the final year or semester examination may submit their degree or provisional degree certificate by 30 September 2019, if not able to do so at the time of filling the application form.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their GATE score or 80% marks attained in IIT or NIT, and they would be required to give a descriptive examination.
- For any further queries pertaining to the advertisement interested candidates may contact firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com during working days from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
How to Apply for DRDO Recruitment 2019?
The online application link will most likely be available on the official RAC website from 10 August 2019 onwards. Candidates would be required to apply 21 days within the online link is made available. Interested and eligible candidates are advised to go through the DRDO recruitment 2019 notification in detail before applying for the vacancies.