DRDO has invited applications from interested students and professionals for an online course on cyber security. The course, being offered by the Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DU), can be completed in a period of 16 weeks. DRDO says that it aims to encourage and build the next gen cyber warriors’ force for the nation, to fulfil the immediate and growing requirement for the trained professionals competent in the state-of-the-art security tools and techniques through the course.
The course will be conducted by leading academicians, experts from DRDO and the industry, as well as from cyber security Think Tanks. During the duration of 16 weeks of the online course on cyber security, participants will be introduced to 200 hours of course content as well as demonstrations on Kernel programming, UEFI device driver programming, and reverse engineering to name a few.
What the DRDO Course on Cyber Security Will Cover?
Participants who take the course will be introduced to advanced topics like malware analysis, vulnerability discovery, BYOD security, drone and anti-drone technology. Some of the other topics that will be covered are as follows:
- Fundamentals of cyber security forensics and incident response cryptography.
- System or driver programming and OS internals.
- Reverse engineering.
- Malware analysis.
- Vulnerability discovery module for Windows, Linux, and iOS.
- Vulnerability analysis and penetration testing.
- Tools and techniques for cyber security professionals.
- Must-know basics of emerging cyber security domain.
Who Can Take the DRDO Course on Cyber Security?
The course is open for graduates from any discipline aiming for successful career in information security, IT professionals who wish to enhance their information assurance capabilities, officers from tri-services, research and development professionals, as well as students pursuing their graduation. However, a knowledge on the following topics are some of the pre-requisites required for the course:
- Fundamentals of OS.
- System software.
- Data structures.
Important Details of the DRDO Course on Cyber Security
Participants who wish to take the course may also go through the following important details:
- The course will cost Rs 35,400 for participants.
- The course will begin from 12 June 2023, and will be conducted for a period of 16 weeks for 2 hours every day for 5 days a week.
- The last date to register for the the course is 25 May, and the last date to pay the fees is 5 June 2023.
- Upon successfully completing the course, participants will be given certificates.
- An entrance test will be conducted to determine the candidates’ aptitude to take the course.
Those who wish to take the course are advised to go through the official notification for more information.