DRDO has invited applications from individuals and startups for its annual Dare to Dream competition. The contest has been conceptualised and executed to promote research in several fields of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and drone technology among others. DRDO hopes to encourage individuals and startups to create innovative products in defence and aerospace technologies. Either individuals in a team of 4 or startups can participate in the competition.
Dare to Dream 4.0, the Defence Research and Development Organisation says, is an idea-based open challenge to promote innovators and startups of the country and enable them to dream big without any limitations, putting their ideas into tangible results. Winners will be selected after careful consideration by he Domain Expert Committee ( DEC) and Independent Expert Committee ( IEC). The winning start-up will receive a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh, and the winning individual will receive Rs 5 lakh.
Topics of DRDO Dare to Dream Contest
Participants will have to submit their ideas for innovative solutions under the following domains:
- Digital twining of human organs.
- Plasmonic applications for defence.
- Collaborative dual arm manipulation for robots.
- Target seeking and proximity sensing technologies.
- Quantum algorithms for image processing and machine learning applications.
- Countermeasures for drone and swarm of drones.
- Directed energy technologies.
- Cognitive listening device.
- Bonding technologies between composite and metals for high temperature applications.
- Open category: Exploring unthinkable and unimaginable.
How to Participate in the DRDO Dare to Dream Contest?
Those who wish to participate will have to submit their entries before 28 February 2023, and the important pointers regarding the application process are as follows:
- Applications will have to be submitted only through the online mode either in the individual or startup category.
- An individual who owns a startup has the choice to apply either in the capacity of Individual or as startup.
- Participants will first have to select the challenges under which they want to make submissions.
- Participating individuals can apply for up to five areas of challenge.
- Changes in participant names will not be allowed after the registration process is completed.
- DRDO employees or their families will not be eligible to participate.
- A write-up will have to be submitted for each challenge that the participant has selected, and attachments in the pdf format of less than 5MB can be attached.
In case an idea wins, the prize money will be credited to the registered individual or startup’s name. Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the official website for further information.