GE TRANSPORTATION | TRANSPORTATION
Shaveta Wadhera Jain, CIO
KEY IT SPENDING AREAS FY 2018-19
Applications (ERP, IOT, M2M, Brilliant factory apps, OT applications), Networks ( voice/video/LAN/WAN), EUS and Collaboration
5 Key Solutions Deployed in 2017-18
- ERP Solution ( Oracle R12)
- Remote monitoring and Diagnostics solution ( IOT)
- OT solutions ( shed maintenance )
- Greenfield Infrastructure build up ( Video/Voice)
- Plant and equipment maintenance solution
- Quality Mgmt. and PnE mgmt. solution.
What does Digital mean for you?
Digital to me is more than a set of technologies we can buy. It is the abilities those technologies create. The real use of digital is to change the business model and provide new revenue and value-generating opportunities leveraging the world that is interconnected through digital devices.
NAME 3 BEST PRACTICES FOR ALIGNING IT WITH NEW NORMAL BUSINESS DEMANDS
In Today’s world where business models have a huge dependence on digital technologies for both internal process productivity and revenue enhancement by leveraging Next gen digital models. An approach that works for us:
- Emphasis on integrating core IT into business and externalizing commodity services.
- Implemented Agile and Dev ops practices to be able to respond to business imperatives and deliver minimum viable product quickly and with quality.
- Run IT function as a business. i.e Demonstrate financial discipline, increase transparency and have mechanisms to measure the delivered business value.
WHAT IS THAT ONE KEY MESSAGE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE TO IT VENDORS?
Present opportunities to partner.
1) Including invitation to early product road mapping/advisory boards to allow the CIO to apply knowledge of their business’ IT needs to shape and influence vendor products and services.
2) Understand business/CIO context: Business processes and challenges show the value that vendor org RnD can bring to a) solution b) potentially transform those.
SIGNIFICANT MILESTONES AS CIO (CURRENT AND PAST ROLES):
– Greenfield factory phase 1 and Maintenance shed Go live enabled by 11 distinct digital platforms ( Current role). To name a few
- Oracle r 12 Supply Chain, Order Management and financials
- Reliance on Quality management
- eServices for Maintenance management for the product
- Maximo for PnE maintenance.
- IOT enabled remote monitoring and diagnostics capabilities
- Time and Attendance solution
- Operations tech solution to enable Brilliant factory.
- Infrastructure implementation for extremely remote sites in India.