WOCKHARDT HOSPITALS | HEALTHCARE
SUMIT SINGH, VP & CIO / BUSINESS HEAD DIGITAL
THE IT ORGANIZATION
Lead a team of approx.. 40+ individuals divided into two stacks. 1. Engineering. 2. Applications. While most are deployed at each of the units taking of tactical needs, a small team of a strategically focussed team is at our HO. Together we form a connected virtual team to achieve large goals for the overall organization.
KEY IT SPENDING AREAS FY 2018-19
HMIS ERP Replacement, Business Intelligence Application, CRM & LMS Applications, Digital Marketing, Business Analytics
5 KEY SOLUTIONS DEPLOYED IN 2017-18
1.Upgrade to new next generation Thin Clients
- Migration from old IP based EPBAX to a new IP EPABX for enhanced functions and cost efficient
- GST upgrade to full stack of applications including HMIS ERP & SAP
4.Financial Analytics Custom Application using Big Data (structured and unstructured) and Business Intelligence using Qlik product for the whole organization
5.Digital Marketing: Payment Gateway, VR Experience Zone, Website and Patient App Development, Online Strategic Partners, etc.
WHAT DOES DIGITAL MEAN FOR YOU?
Digital is a wrapper term loosely used to transition business processes to achieve operational efficiency, improved business outcomes, faster TATs, improved user experience and even unearthing new opportunities leveraging some of the newly cost-efficient technological advancements Artificial Intelligence – Deep Learning or Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics (structured and unstructured), Hyper Compute, Cloud Computing, IoT, Connected World.
NAME 3 BEST PRACTICES FOR ALIGNING IT WITH NEW NORMAL BUSINESS DEMANDS?
- IT Strategy and planning is directly linked with business strategy and continuity. IT projects to deliver business goals.
- Business Managers and IT Managers work collaboratively to transition IT from necessary expense to be incurred to investment that needs to be made.
- Plan, think and execute long term.
WHAT IS THAT ONE KEY MESSAGE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE TO IT VENDORS?
Understand the need of the customer clearly before a pitch and take them along their product portfolio journey to stay fresh in the minds of the client.
SIGNIFICANT MILESTONES AS CIO (CURRENT AND PAST ROLES)
- Being instrumental in the launch of flagship Wockhardt Super Speciality Hospital in South Mumbai shortly by management takeover of another super Speciality in North Mumbai
- Introduction of numerous IP Based systems, Virtualization (server/client), Mobility, Cloud, BI Applications, SAP into Wockhardt
- Introduction of SAp into Wockhardt
- Replacement of HMIS ERP at Wockhardt
- Responsible for a portfolio of applications with the annual budget of $25 Million at Ernst & Young, US
- Part of Two separate Billion Dollar Merger/acquisition with TDAmeritrade in the US
- Founder of start-up OnMoney