Sarla Holdings | EDUCATION
Satish Papnoi, CTO
KEY IT SPENDING AREAS FY 2018-19
➢ Evaluation and deployment of storage about 270TB. 90TB each campus
➢ Implementation of 6 Sophos SG boxes for all Six branches
➢ Implementation for CCTV Surveillance infrastructure for all the campuses, which will consist about 350 cameras, 45 NVRs, 3 Centralised Recording System, Recovery systems etc.
➢ Securing and protection of Datacenter located in Corporate office Gurgaon ( Physical and applications both)
5 KEY SOLUTIONS DEPLOYED IN 2017-18
- Implemented PeopleSoft – GL, AP, Inventory and Purchase Modules
- Deployed CCTV Surveillance in some critical areas and 130 buses
- Deployed IBM Storage v5010 boxes in each campus
- Setup whole IT infrastructure in one part of a Campus (CISCO, IBM & AMP) and Migration of CISCO ACS (AAA) Server to Cisco ISE for all branches
- Deployed 300Mbps Internet bandwidth. 100Mbps each campus
- Created Mac Lab with more than 100 iMac computers.
WHAT DOES DIGITAL MEAN FOR YOU
Do the business Anytime Anywhere
NAME 3 BEST PRACTICES FOR ALIGNING IT WITH NEW NORMAL BUSINESS DEMANDS?
- IT executives should overcome from their shyness and communicate the business value of IT to CEO. Mingle with business leaders in the day to day routine to understand the process. Hence CIO/CTO must change the way they communicate with business leaders to make clear and better business outcome IT creates. This way, a successful digital transformation can be done together.
- Fill the gap between business leaders and IT executives by exchanging knowledge of IT and business processes.
- Have as many training and awareness sessions with users on digitization journey.
WHAT IS THAT ONE KEY MESSAGE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE TO IT VENDORS?
It would be better if IT vendors make their customer feel and treat them as “IT partner”
SIGNIFICANT MILESTONES AS CIO (CURRENT AND PAST ROLES)
- Migration of 60% services on the cloud to have Any time Anywhere access
- Digitization of HR and Finance processes
- The transformation from the manual workforce management system to an automated access control system
- The transformation from a traditional system to BYOD for about 5000 users
- Green IT initiative