L&T TECHNOLOGY SERVICES | IT/ITES
SANDEEP KARAN, HEAD – IT SYSTEMS & PROCESSES
Heading: Business strategies and models are changing
KEY IT SPENDING AREAS FY 2018-19
- Cloud: IT Infra, SAS Applications & Cloud Services
- IT Security – Both Cloud-based Services & On-Prem
- BI & Analytics
- Transformations & Growth: Mix of Cloud & On-prem
- BOT’s, AI & Machine Learning – Cloud-based solutions
- Collaborations – cloud-based Microsoft Teams, new Cisco WEBEX Solutions
- Maintenance & Sustenance of Existing Infra & Applications
5 Key Solutions Deployed in 2017-18
- Migrating from On-Premises SAP ECC HR to cloud-based SAP Success Factors – Employee Central, Performance Management & Goal Management, Compensation & Benefits, and Succession Planning. Apart from this our SAP Hybris CRM as SAS product is at full utilization.
- Enterprise Mobile Portal for Applications – Single mobile Portal for multiple applications
- Upgrade of Project Management System & Quality Management Systems.
- Rollout Tools for Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Advanced Persistent Threats, Multifactor Authentication, Rights Management & Information protection on Mails, Documents, Endpoints, Servers, Network, etc.
- BOT’s – ChatBot’s & Voice based BOT’s for HR & IT related issues and FAQ.
- Enterprise Collaboration – Microsoft TEAMS and New generation Cisco WebEx Solution.
WHAT DOES DIGITAL MEAN FOR YOU?
Being digital requires being open to reexamining your entire way of doing business and understanding where the new frontiers of value are. It’s about rethinking how to use new capabilities to improve how customers are served, improve operations, automate manual processes, give real-time information & feedback and all this should happen Anytime, Anywhere and on Any Device.
NAME 3 BEST PRACTICES FOR ALIGNING IT WITH NEW NORMAL BUSINESS DEMANDS?
IT has changed, from working on a helpdesk, providing support and to keeping the cost down to working with Business leaders in achieving revenue growth and margins, drive productivity and better quality. For this
- CIO’s to have a seat along with business leaders in business strategy, planning, and reviews. when IT really understands the business strategy, the value it adds is way beyond the capability of ANY other department.
- Shifting from gathering data to exploiting it for better business outcomes and driving revenue growth & margins i.e. making data companies strategic asset.
- Adopt digital technologies which transform, and reflect on digital technology vision of the company from Inside out.
WHAT IS THAT ONE KEY MESSAGE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE TO IT VENDORS?
Business strategies and models are changing, along with that newer technologies are getting adopted for digital initiatives to provide business growth or resolve business problems. Clearly, there’s a need for change in the methods, products and in the skillsets.
SIGNIFICANT MILESTONES AS CIO (CURRENT AND PAST ROLES)
BI & Analytics – DART (Data Analytics & Reporting Portal) along with EPM (i.e. Enterprise Performance Management), was launched in 2015-16, which helped business in getting Data and as Single Source of truth. Data was also offered as “Self Service” depending upon authorizations, which helped in reducing Time to Information and was available anytime, anywhere and on any device. Business Transformations to Cloud-based SAS products. Sales CRM, Computerization of India’s first Police district i.e. Nizamabad District Police in Telangana (then Andhra Pradesh) in 2002.