Company : PHILIPS LIGHTING INDIA | Vertical: MANUFACTURING
GM IT BUSINESS PARTNER, ISC, MET & AFRICA
THE IT ORGANIZATION
A typical global organization having a network reporting structure , IT function headed by Kurt De Ruwe as global CIO and headed by me for ISC, MET and Africa market with team of full time and contingent workers in different vertical of DVN (data, voice and network) IT service operation , IT4 R&D and application delivery and support team. We work on a hybrid model of operations by in-sourcing and outsourcing the technology operations with a global and local level of contracts with our output based partners.
KEY IT SPENDING AREAS FY 2018-19
- IT service operation
• IT Assets (End-user devices)
• Network and Telecom
• Data center modernization
• Local Application development and support
• Enterprise IT application
5 KEY SOLUTIONS DEPLOYED IN 2017-18
Salesforce Automation, SAP Big Data analytics, Scheme and Rebate Management, SAP Hybris , AI Chatbots for IT support and Employee Sentiment analysis
WHAT DOES DIGITAL MEAN FOR YOU?
For me digital means:
– A new way of engaging with customers and connective people and giving them time and value
– Bringing more technology innovations to create a more connected product than a traditional product
– To create more business value and unlocking business growth leveraging more technology than people and traditional processes
NAME 3 BEST PRACTICES FOR ALIGNING IT WITH NEW NORMAL BUSINESS DEMANDS?
1. Create an IT strategy at the beginning of the year in line with the business strategy. Align with business and understand the whole year strategy and create the IT strategy
2.Install a project authorization process: A relatively simple action to increase the planning and control cycle of IT is the tightening of the project authorization process. By requiring clear business cases, the CIO could strengthen the involvement of business managers in the preparation of IT projects.
3.Create an MDT (multi-disciplinary team to manage the IT project and the technology solutions). MDT should consist of BPO(business process owner and experts, IT delivery, IT project manager, IT service manager
WHAT IS THAT ONE KEY MESSAGE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE TO IT VENDORS?
Be more flexible, it’s a competitive world, explore new technology and bring solutions which have a business meaning. Be a partner, not a service provider or a vendor. Highlight the business value with any new technology or solutions and engage with business with an open and clear mind.