DigiLocker is currently accepting applications from graduates in any field to serve as interns at the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) for the DigiLocker project. Selected interns will be given specific tasks and responsibilities and will be challenged to develop their capabilities and gain experience, says DigiLocker. Three to five interns are selected by the government at any given time.
The internship opportunity is open to anyone who is interested and has computer programming skills. Internships, however, would be on a voluntary basis and the selected interns would not be entitled to wages or a promise of employment at the completion of the Internship. Interns will be engaged for a period of three to twelve months, and they can work-from-home.
DigiLocker Internship Areas
Selected candidates will get to work in the following areas:
- Mobile App Development: Android and iOS.
- Backend Development: Language: PHP/Python; Database: MySQL/MongoDB; and APIs: Rest API development.
- Graphic Designing Manual/Automated Testing (Functional, GUI, Performance, Security, and so on).
- Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence.
Certificates upon Completion of DigiLocker Internship
DigiLocker says that candidates who successfully complete the internship will be able to avail the following benefits:
- An internship certificate will be awarded after the successful completion of the internship.
- Contributing to DigiLocker can be a rewarding way to learn, teach, help and build experience.
- Since it is a citizen-centric application built by the Government of India, contributing to this project will mean interns are serving to the citizens of India in providing better service delivery.
The last date to apply for the internship positions are 31 July 2020. Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the official website in detail.