Institute of Technology and Science | EDUCATION
SUNIL Kr PANDEY, DIRECTOR IT
THE IT ORGANIZATION
We have 4 different Locations hosting 8 different locations where most of the IT Infrastructure, facilities, and services are centrally monitored and Controlled. I, along with a competent Team of Technical Staff is taking care of the entire IT Infrastructure of my organization and report to Vice Chairman of the Group.
KEY IT SPENDING AREAS FY 2018-19
-Cyber Security (Identity Management)
– Migration to Cloud
– Network Creation and deployment of IT Infrastructure in our newly coming-up Centre
5 KEY SOLUTIONS DEPLOYED IN 2017-18
- Sophos UTM Solution
- Deployment of Phantom Labs for Training & Research to the students of Dentistry
- Upgrade of our existing Wireless Network across the Campus
- Creation of Complete Networked ICT Infrastructure for our upcoming campus spread across 30 Acre of area
- Security Solution for Surveillance and Remote monitoring and Control System
WHAT DOES DIGITAL MEAN FOR YOU
Digital means using Information Technology and IT Enabled tools to store, process, manipulate Data for quick, faster, accurate and error-free processing and analysis of data for decision making (subjective and predictive both) in some or other way. It also helps in easing the businesses, taking repeated tasks away from the human being and let them focus on more meaningful and strategic issues by exploiting IT Infrastructure, tools and Services.
NAME 3 BEST PRACTICES FOR ALIGNING IT WITH NEW NORMAL BUSINESS DEMANDS?
- As demand for innovative IT services grows, the teams may be managing a growing portfolio of projects using both agile and waterfall methods. At the same time, they are under pressure to cut costs, reduce technology risk, and deliver quantifiable business value.
- If IT services are not closely aligned with the organization’s business goals, the risk spending time and money on low-priority requests while high-priority issues are neglected. This kind of mismatch can lead to cost overruns and project delays. It can also cause business units to mistrust IT.
- Having a strategy for aligning IT services with business goals can help in delivering IT services in a way that supports business priorities. It will make it easier to better anticipate critical business requirements, allocate resources, and evaluate the business value of the IT service portfolio.
WHAT IS THAT ONE KEY MESSAGE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE TO IT VENDORS?
Work for a long lasting relationship and that needs mutual trust, respect, the credibility of commitments and understand and address each other’s concerns.
SIGNIFICANT MILESTONES AS CIO (CURRENT AND PAST ROLES):
– Setting up IT Infrastructure and facilities different requirements, setups and varied Workload Balance
– Maintenance and Management of IT Infrastructure across the Institutions including setting-up Network Infrastructure (Wired & Wireless both) on Fiber Optic Backbone created in-house and maintained in-house
– Deployment of best of the Cyber Security Solution at my Workplace with Sophos, Bandwidth Management, Identity Management, Biometric Security Solutions etc.
– Setting up an appropriate communication channel to ensure a seamless, transparent and safe system