After pulling out one of world’s biggest tech consolidation, Michael Dell demonstrated aggressive confidence on stage Dell-EMC World 2016 which concluded over the weekend in Austin. This year the company’s flagship annual event just got bigger with EMC coming on to Dell’s fold. Billing it as one of the biggest event ever for the company, Michael Dell said, “We are at the threshold of a new digital dawn wherein going digital is not an option but mandatory and Dell Technologies will take on to the varied mandates and will play a critical part in this digital revolution.”
While the company pitched on the seamless synergies that is coming out this merger at the same time articulated that how the competencies of Dell and EMC will sweep the diverse IT opportunities up ahead. “ Today there are 8Bn connected devices and in the next 15 years it will be phenomenal, we are talking about 200Bn and more and imagine all these connected devices need a proactive IT backbone and this is where we will play out and create a huge difference, “ observed Michael Dell.
Michael Dell also took pains to drive home the point that Dell and EMC is one company and one singular vision and it is no longer Dell and EMC but Dell Technologies.
- Dell Technologies is the only integrated player in IT with end to end product depth and capabilities.
- Orginazations across the world in one-way or the other will use one or combination of Dell Technologies solutions and offerings.
- Michael Dell’s bullish optimism and his overall command over the combined entity have given huge credibility and putting to rest the speculation on issues on seamless product synergies.
- Michael Dell’s focused approach has given him good ratings on his capabilities to steer Dell Tech to the next orbit
- Huge R&D spend – $4.5 Bn, 20K Patents and 20 Magic Quadrants
- Going private has given Dell the leverage to focus on the long term and focus on innovation and new energy efficient server products for new age data centers.
- Engineered solutions for Cloud and emerging tech.
- Leveraging EMC for aggressive storage play.
- Industry’s most powerful and effective supply chain
- Focus on two D’s: Digital and Data Center transformation.
- Focus on convergence to ‘Hyper-Convergence’
Clearly Dell is a behemoth. And with Dell saying that it has integrated EMC into the scheme of things makes it a very powerful entity in the IT infrastructure space. FY 17 will be a crucial phase for Dell Tech globally as it goes to market with a whole lot of synergized IT solutions and offerings.