CoWIN for vaccine appointments has now announced various new updates that beneficiaries need to know about. The portal has been updated to include the latest announcements made by the Government of India. However, citizens who have already booked their appointments need to know that there will be no changes to the appointments that they have already scheduled.
Latest Updates on CoWIN for Vaccine Appointment
- The CoWIN digital portal has been reconfigured to reflect the extension of interval for two doses of Covishield to 12-16 weeks from 4 to 6 weeks. This update has been made after the COVID Working Group chaired by Dr N K Arora had recommended extension of the gap between the first and second doses of Covishield vaccine to 12-16 weeks.
- Already booked online appointments for the second dose of Covishield will remain valid and are not being cancelled by COWIN. Other beneficiaries are advised to reschedule their appointments for a later date beyond the 84th day from the date of first dose vaccination.
- Citizens are also being given an option to check for the availability Sputnik vaccinations along with Covishield and Covaxin.
- A new captcha feature has been introduced while booking appointments to address concerns of auto-booking by scripts. An appointment for COVID-19 vaccine can only be booked after entering the correct captcha.
- CoWIN system is introducing a new feature of “4 digit security code”, through which booking code will be sent through SMS and will also be given in the appointment confirmation slip. When the beneficiary goes to the centre for vaccination, the vaccinator will ask for the 4 digit code and then enter the same in the CoWIN system to correctly record the vaccination status.